New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any tips. Do's and Don'ts.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    if you have a newly painted car, pls dont apply any kind of wax. Please wait 30days before you apply wax. If you do so, you will have a problem!!! LOW OF GLOSS

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok, 30 days. thanks vince. anymore form the autodetailing peeps, theveed?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have a newly painted car, pls dont apply any kind of wax. Please wait 30days before you apply wax. If you do so, you will have a problem!!! LOW OF GLOSS
    vince8,
    nagpa-repair ako ng scratch sa ride ko, tapos 'yong portion na ni-repaint after applying top coat, ni-rub at ni-wax after 3 days lang, kaya ngayon low gloss siya, p'wede bang patungan ulit ng top coat na lang para glossy ulit?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not the wax that will make the newly repainted surface lose gloss... no way... what happens is that a repainted surface (especially if older paint mixtures are used) requires flashing, meaning, the solvents in the paint mixture needs to evaporate over time (usually 1-2 months) and applying any type of sealant (wax or sealant) will prevent this evaporation from happening, causing the paint to haze underneath the sealed product.

If you have a newly repainted surface, it's best to use a silicon free glaze to provide some protection over the bare paint.

20vanda01: Most probably, in your case, the newly painted panel wasn't polished well. You mentioned it was "rubbed", what did they use? I think the haze that you're mentioning is from the abrasive used to rub the paint, not the wax, in additional, newly painted surface hazing (due to sealing) will only be visible after a long period of time (around 3 months or more)... It's not immediate.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    20vanda01: Most probably, in your case, the newly painted panel wasn't polished well. You mentioned it was "rubbed", what did they use? I think the haze that you're mentioning is from the abrasive used to rub the paint, not the wax, in additional, newly painted surface hazing (due to sealing) will only be visible after a long period of time (around 3 months or more)... It's not immediate.
    theveed, i think the rubbing job has caused the haze on the repainted area. The guy used a guilder rubbing compund with kerosene. Any advise I should do to bring back the shiny of the surface? BTW, I posted a detail of my problem on your Pinas Detailing forum. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alfred, punta ka sa burger king!
    dun sa ortigas, malapit sa greenhills
    punta ka dun gabi, ang liwanag nag ilaw dun,

i park mo saka mo pagmagdas ang pintura!
    sabay yosi!

congrats!!!

theveed kapag nasa manila ako sunday pasyalan kita sa big berts

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats Alfred!!!! Ano ginawa sa Safari mo? Hilamos?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any tips.
    Take a picture. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Congrats Alfred!!!! Ano ginawa sa Safari mo? Hilamos?
    hilamos lang. it's almost finish except for the imperfection na nakita ng pintor sa roof area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What to do with a newly painted car?