New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which plate cover do you have/will you buy?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass (blue)

6 9.52%
  • Glass (green)

5 7.94%
  • Plastic with border and brand

16 25.40%
  • Plastic with border

13 20.63%
  • Plastic with metal border

22 34.92%
  • Plastic (dark)

1 1.59%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I have a set of Clear Plate covers kaso tinanggal ko muna to avoid the hassles of being flagged down. Maganda sanang protection ng plate from the elements and one thing more is that I have seen a lot of new plates na nababakbak and I hope LTO has already corrected this.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    lahat ng sasakyan ko naka plastic w/ border & brand. meron ding tinted na ganun. sa mga ace hardware nakakabili ng ganung plate covers. Deflector yung brand

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Ganyan din ang balak kong bilin. Pinagiisipan ko kung iyong may Toyota na brand o wala ang pipiliin ko. Malamang sa mayroon na lang.

OK sana ang clear na glass pero ang bigat kasi.
    Problem lang sa plate cover, pinapasok ng tubig & dumi. Kaya nilagyan ko ng clear scotch tape na natatakpan ng border para di halata. Iwas kalampag din.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nalilito na ako ah, ano ba talaga? bawal kahit clear? bakit naman? eh hinde naman mahirap makita kung clear?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me, putting a plate cover is a neccessity in the Philippines.

Ninanakaw kasi ang mga registration stickers kapag wala cover. I've heard that these are sold (for a P150-300) to people who doesn't want to pay the "high" LTO registration fees, insurance, and etc.

Worst, nanakawin pa ang plaka mo at magamit pa sa kidnap/carnap activities.

On all our vehicles, we use the clear type cover. We also use special screws, para hindi basta basta matangal.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Pano nga pala kunwari naka commemorative plate ka?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I use deflector on mine. It helps maintain its appearance for the years to come.

The plate protector is also useful for the front plates, bec this is the ones that gets bent when pedestrians or tricycles pass by.

I have seen other people's unprotected "rizal" plates that are faded already, but at least the alpha and numerals are still visible.

Im using a colorless plastic cover for my avanza and a plastic border plate for my owner jeep, and a colorless cutout plastic for the plate of my charade.
    I've tried being flagdown before by the TMG using my mazda pick-up in the last toll station up in Kennon Road, Baguio. They even tried folding my plate since i have it restickered to look new. They said "baka ibang plate ang gamit mo" and when they confirmed that it is the original plate, they let me go through. What a hassle and the fold even left a mark on the plate. Since then i always use a cover and its up to them to remove the cover if they like to check it.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i want to get clear glass covers, my only hesitance is the weight. are there any alternatives? thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hello Guys,

Bakit ba lagyan ninyo ng glass ang plate? Didikit ang dumi at lalabo ang glass. Labag na yan sa batas. At saka madali naman linisin ang plates. Hindi madaling didikit ang dumi sa plates. Of all the car accessories ang plates ang walang kaproblema-problema. My opinion lang po.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
POLL: Plate Covers