New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which plate cover do you have/will you buy?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glass (blue)

6 9.52%
  • Glass (green)

5 7.94%
  • Plastic with border and brand

16 25.40%
  • Plastic with border

13 20.63%
  • Plastic with metal border

22 34.92%
  • Plastic (dark)

1 1.59%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dfcsantos View Post
    I'm using clear plastic plate cover with silver border.
    Ganyan din ang balak kong bilin. Pinagiisipan ko kung iyong may Toyota na brand o wala ang pipiliin ko. Malamang sa mayroon na lang.

OK sana ang clear na glass pero ang bigat kasi.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Clear Deflector user here for years now. Going thru Makati almost everyday, no apprehension yet, so far. IMHO, between 2 cars - one with clear and the other tinted - and if an enforcer only have an option to chase one car, he'll most likely choose the one with tinted plate cover.

So, dapat may choice din na clear plastic cover.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hinuli ako sa kalayaan (makati) dahil sa tinted green plate ko, pinatangal pa sakin yung tinted plate sa harap sabi sakin ok lang daw may tinted plate sa likod wag lang sa harap

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Im using a fiber glass clear plate cover and so far wala naman din apprehension, I suggest you buy yung fiber glass or plastic na plate cover kasi
    dati I bought yung tinted na brown glass plate cover for 700 and nagslip lng sa fingers ko nung kinakabit ko nabasag na, mas ok pa yung fiber glass IMO
    By the way I bought mine sa may Araneta Car accessories for 400 petot and meron din iba't ibang kulay, clear na nay konting shade ng blue and clear na may shade ng green, tingin ko ok yung mejo blue.
    Bumili ako nito kasi dati naiwan ko lng nakapark yung kotse ko, pagbalik ko, tabingi na yung plate number sa harap, parang napagtripan, buti na lng hindi tinanggal and yung maganda d2 sa may plate cover is hindi sya basta bsta matatanggal ng ordinaryong screw driver.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    No covers for us, both for the cars in Manila and the cars here in the US.

An idea to protect them may be to spray clear lacquer or clear coat on them to preserve the paint (assuming it's still in good shape to begin with). This allows one to have peace of mind knowing that the plates won't fade away easily and yet still remains clean looking, walang "borloloy" ika nga. In the US there's this product that you spray on to the plates that effectively makes speed cameras blind when photographing them with lots of flash. It's now illegal to buy or use them.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Common sense would dictate that one shouldn't put anything on the plate that would diminish readability. It's difficult enough to read the plates on a moving vehicle. Clear, untinted glass or plastic should be more than sufficient protection for plates.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i use clear plastic na may black border

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Clear plastic lang with metal border nabili ko as soon as I got my new plates. Elevo ata yung brand sa may SM West.

Better safe than sorry kasi hassle talaga na parahin ka pa just because of a "technicality".

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as much as possible, don't use car plate covers na lang. you will never know when those LTO people will stop you. not only in makati, but i've seen LTO flag down motorists even in cubao and ortigas area. hassle lang, imho.

ako, ever since i got flagged down two years ago, hindi na ako nagkabit. hinayaan ko na lang na mangitim yung plate number ko.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    plastic with border and brand for me.. IMO, mas protected kasi ang plate kung ito ang gagamitin.. unlike with glass or plastic lang na walang border, mas madali masingitan ng dirt or tubig yung pagitan sa plate..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
POLL: Plate Covers