New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the type of tree. From my experience before, parking under a tree doesn't always get bird droppings or sap anyway (i get more bird droppings from my awning at home where some birdies live). What i avoid are trees with small leaves and little fruits that fall all day; you can tell by the surroundings before you park anyway.
    I'd prefer a tree shade over the sun.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    If no choice, then you could use a car cover instead.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    If no choice, then you could use a car cover instead.
    This is what i do...We park our vehicles under a tree shade with a car cover to protect it from tree saps and bird droppings...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather under the sun. Since I'm not one to have my vehicles washed on a regular basis (timing is the issue, not the want for the wash), I'm not comfortable having to deal with tree sap and bird droppings. And with my luck, I get the bird droppings with the tree.

With this would come additional protection for the paint and interiors though, in the form of more frequent waxing to somehow combat all the environmental exposure (or perhaps Diamond Gloss or Optigard) for the exterior, and some leather conditioner or something like Armor All without all the greasy look and feel for the interior. Having a fully tinted car helps as well for the interiors.

What I do not like about car covers - and this could just be me - are: 1) putting them on/taking them off large SUVs/vans, 2) possibly scratching due to dirt on the car/cover.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mas okay sakin under the sun, pag under the tree, di mo alam kung anong mahuhulog na galing sa puno, mamaya kung may bagyo, tangkay pa maputol at mahulog sa oto mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one time i was in iba, zambales nag-park ako under a mango tree, may mga hantik (fire ants) pala. e may isang dahon na naka-touch sa roof ng GS. ayun pag balik ko ang daming hantik, hindi ako makapasok kasi for sure pag binuksan ko yung door makakapasok sila sa loob. kaya pumunta pa ako sa palenke which was a 20 minute tricycle ride away para bumili ng water based raid insect killer. saka lang ako nakapasok sa car after spraying insecticide dun sa malapit sa driver's door. ang galing nung mga langam, tumatakbo ako ng 120kph pero ang tibay ng kapit sa windshield. pag dating ko ng QC diretso ako sa car wash. pero after 3 days meron pa din nagsusulputan na hantik, di malaman kung saan sila nagtatago.

car cover, ayaw ko na. ang dali makagasgas ng paint kahit anong ingat mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ang advantage naman ng under the tree eh, may shade kasi kaya hindi ganon ka init pag pasok mo sa sasakyan compared when parking directly under the sun.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Depende sa lugar. May lugar at puno na hindi ideal magpark sa ilalim nang puno (esp kung may bunga or namumulaklak like manga or caimito, niyog etc.).

Pero I prefer siyempre sa shade.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    in my experience, mahirap mag park under the tree.
    kasi pag naiputan ng ibon, mahirap tangalin.
    kapag nalalagas ang dahon, minsan sumusuot sa mga sulok-sulok. ang problema, pag nabasa like umulan, kinakalawang agad don sa parteng sinuksukan ng dahon.
    bad experieince, naputol yung bakal sa loob ng wiper ko kasi kinalawang dahil sa mga dahon.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    bird poop if not cleaned right away, might ruin the paint, same goes for tree saps... under the sun for me

by the way there is this solar powered exhaust being sold anyone tried it?
    Wanted to try this out sana kaso luma yung stock na naka display sa ATC ...

Saan mo nakita yan sir and how much?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast