New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Which is better for our car's exterior? Parking under the sun or parking under a tree (with free twigs, leaves, and bird droppings after 1 workday)?

Where I work, there are no alternatives other than open parking.
    In other forums (abroad), they recommend parking under the sun but I'm not sure if this applies here in our tropical heat.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ok lang under the sun as long na protected ang paint, trims, interior mo. Kung ang tao nag susunblock, ang kotse din.

Ako kasi mas gusto ko under the sun kasi gamit ko naman eh wax na may uv protection, may microtex sunshield din ako for interior and trims.

Kaso yung erpats ko ang hilig ipark sa ilalim ng puno ng mangga, result: dahon, bird bombs, dagta, at kung anu-ano pang insekto.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    given a choice, i'd park in the shade during the daytime and in the open air at night.
    but we have to remember, the shade under the tree moves with time..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Dati gusto ko under the tree, Na realize ko na mas ok ang sa araw kasi kapag under the tree nakakagasgas pa ng pintura yung mga nalalag na dahon, sanga at poop ng ibon.. At sabi nila hindi naman daw basta basta masisira yung pintura kahit nakabilad sa araw. :-)

Sent from my Cherry mobile flare using Tapsilogtalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

+1 sir. lalo na ung mga poopoo ng ibon. ang titigas pa minsan nakadikit sa car paint mo.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    under the sun for me!

bird poop and dagta ng puno etches the clear coat. Once it's there and baked, it would be hard to remove. Malas mo pa kapag bumagyo at nabagsakan ka ng puno. Maari pang matotal wreck kotse mo.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    bird poop if not cleaned right away, might ruin the paint, same goes for tree saps... under the sun for me

by the way there is this solar powered exhaust being sold anyone tried it?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'll park under the tree anytime. If the paint is protected anyway with wax and whatnot, any bird droppings or tree sap can be washed off easily.

Worst case, I'd rather have small, almost imperceivable blemishes than have the paint fade. Wax will not eliminate paint fade. It might slow it down but if you park in the sun everyday, it will likely be of little help.

Also, I hate entering a car that's been parked in the sun for a long time. It's like a blast furnace.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

New car - under the sun

Old car - under the tree

Tambayan ang under the tree.... Baka ipatong pa ang kinakain nila sa ibabaw ng hood mo....

20.3K:pump:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Parang madaling ma-luma at mag-crack ang mga trim kapag bilad sa araw lalo na yung sa gilid ng bubong yung parang rubber

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast