New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Just had a rear bumper repainted. Off parin ang shade after 3 attempts ng casa. Sabi saken they used the correct paint code naman, now I'm still unhappy about the results and wondering why can't they get the color matched perfectly. I do understand that bumpers are a little bit darker than the body, but mine is way darker than the rest of the car at certain angles.

How do I instruct the casa to get the metallic density correct?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gray.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    how old is the car? just following the paint code will not always guarantee exact match. you need a good painter that knows how to mix and/or blend colors.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    how old is the car? just following the paint code will not always guarantee exact match. you need a good painter that knows how to mix and/or blend colors.
    Sir 9 months na yung car.

I told them to adjust the mix to a lighter shade. Naka tatlong balik na yung auto mali parin.

Acceptable na ba yan?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Ang alam ko, aside from paint code, they are also weighing the paints for proper mixture, and also they are matching it for the faded color also, hindi pa ganun kagaling sir mga pintor sa casa na napuntahan mo.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Ang alam ko, aside from paint code, they are also weighing the paints for proper mixture, and also they are matching it for the faded color also, hindi pa ganun kagaling sir mga pintor sa casa na napuntahan mo.
    Kaya nga eh. Yung 3rd attempt sabi nila ni-compare muna sa katabing panel bago bugahan, ganyan parin result.

So ipabalik ko na lang?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Yup, mali yung halo nila.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1. paint surfaces that have been exposed to the elements, do shift a little with time, such that the computer's memorized formula for that paint code, might not be a perfect match anymore.
    2. the underlying surface might contribute a little to the final shade.
    3. all humans differ from each other a little, when it comes to color and shade perception.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 4th, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    Sir 9 months na yung car.

I told them to adjust the mix to a lighter shade. Naka tatlong balik na yung auto mali parin.

Acceptable na ba yan?

if i will based on the photo, not acceptable. obvious ang difference ng shade.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. paint surfaces that have been exposed to the elements, do shift a little with time, such that the computer's memorized formula for that paint code, might not be a perfect match anymore.
    2. the underlying surface might contribute a little to the final shade.
    3. all humans differ from each other a little, when it comes to color and shade perception.
    Right. They should adjust the paint mixture based on the current condition of the car. Factory paint code won't work for my car.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    if i will based on the photo, not acceptable. obvious ang difference ng shade.
    Alright. Will have this repainted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast