New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    have you noticed, the most common complaint regarding paint shade mismatch, involves the plastic bumper versus the rest of the (metal) panels..?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    have you noticed, the most common complaint regarding paint shade mismatch, involves the plastic bumper versus the rest of the (metal) panels..?
    Yep. Even factory paint plastic bumpers are a bit darker than the metal panels. Barely noticeable though.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    To undiscerning eyes, there is nothing wrong with the paint

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i think konti lang effect ng material. if you think about it, both will be coated with several layers of primer, base coat and clear coat. kaya pwede talagang ma-color match. nasa pintor na lang talaga ang diskarte dyan.

metal + layers of primer, base coat, clear coat
    plastic + layers of primer, base coat, clear coat

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    pwede rin, nasa tolerance level ng owner if acceptable na ung color or not. ibang usapan na lang kung talagang off ang colors.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    i think konti lang effect ng material. if you think about it, both will be coated with several layers of primer, base coat and clear coat. kaya pwede talagang ma-color match. nasa pintor na lang talaga ang diskarte dyan.

metal + layers of primer, base coat, clear coat
    plastic + layers of primer, base coat, clear coat
    Yes. You really have to try to see the difference.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    pwede rin, nasa tolerance level ng owner if acceptable na ung color or not. ibang usapan na lang kung talagang off ang colors.
    In my case, the difference in the shade really "pops". So I'm really keen on having this corrected.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I've asked around din naman, some say that obvious nga ang difference, some say I'm being over OC. It's not that bad nga naman if majority of those who look at it won't see.

Also dropped by big bert's & other detailers sa area ko to get their thoughts on the paint job, ayun nga daw paulit ko na lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    kaya po nagbabago ang kulay kasi po meron static yung plastic bumper,. nabubulabog po yung pintura lalo na po yung metallic colors gumagalaw po yung metallic kaya nagiiba yung kulay, subukan po nyo ilapit yung braso nyo sa bumper at mararamdaman nyo yung parang gumagalaw yung buhok sa braso, ang dapat gawin ng pintor kapag nakuha na nya yung desired coverage [ opacity ] kailanggan po sya mag 2 mist / drop coat, kailang po edouble yung gun distance para umibabaw yung metallic para di mag dark yung kulay

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^sir i'll ask them to try adjusting the gun distance next try. ano yung 2 mist / drop coat? I want to give specific instructions na para umayos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast