New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    We can't see the pick. Right click then copy image location tapos paste the link here.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Here's the picture.

I hope umi sees this. He is, by far, one of the most knowledgeable detailers in our forum.

---

PS: LOL * voaquino's posts.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    seems you have polished thru the clear coat. maybe not. need a clearer pic to evaluate if its just haze the compound you used is very heavy. a cleaner wax or a light polish will not be able to remove the haze created by 3m scratch remover. if youre from laguna area, i'll will be willing to check it out and polish it using a Dual Action polisher.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Here's the picture.

I hope umi sees this. He is, by far, one of the most knowledgeable detailers in our forum.

---

PS: LOL * voaquino's posts.
    Thanks Detailing's become something of a hobby for me, so I've tried to learn as much about it as I can.

Heh, masyado kasing nagpa-obvious, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    seems you have polished thru the clear coat. maybe not. need a clearer pic to evaluate if its just haze the compound you used is very heavy. a cleaner wax or a light polish will not be able to remove the haze created by 3m scratch remover. if youre from laguna area, i'll will be willing to check it out and polish it using a Dual Action polisher.

Ouch. I'll have to concur with Ginnova, and say that it does look like you went through the clear - the dark outline that the delineates the polished area would seem to indicate that. Were you able to test if there's paint transfer if you try applying some polish to the affected area? You'll see color transfer to your applicator, like so (picture taken from this article):

If you're able to do so, take advantage of Ginnova's offer - I've seen shots of his work, and they're fantastic. Another place I can recommend would be Drive Bright in QC - talk to the owner, Gian, he'll be able to evaluate if you've gone through the clear.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    guyz how much do u think it will cost?.....nywayz im from cebu i wish i live near ur place to have it fix....tsktsktsk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    maybe you could take a clearer pic. or did your applicator pad turned to the same color as your paint as umi mentioned then you have really striked thru the clear. repainting a panel normally cost around 2-3K.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Masyadong aggressive yung 3m Scratch remover. Ma fefeel mo talaga yung grits dun sa product pag nilagay mo sa fingers mo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    maybe you could take a clearer pic. or did your applicator pad turned to the same color as your paint as umi mentioned then you have really striked thru the clear. repainting a panel normally cost around 2-3K.
    actually bro nung ginamitan ko ng 3m scratch removal i saw dark markings s cloth...and i think na damage tlg ang clear coat...will dual action polish work gaya ng cnabi mo?...im thinking of taking it to a car wash and see if they could do something about it if not i guess i have no choice....repainting it will be my last resort...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    you've striken through the clearcoat unfortunately and it will just continually grow bigger through the years. to fix you'll have to spot repair or repaint the panel. the very capable people from http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti...pintura-46122/ can help you with this.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    the site search behavior has now changed, i found this advice for polishing using a mild polish. use even greater caution for aggressive polishing products.

http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti...ml#post1402103
    When working SwirlX be sure to use a small product on the test area and work it with light pressure, once you feel the hard paint dead on between your finger tips or with your hand and the paint then you are already pressing too. Work SwirlX for a good 2 minutes and remove it with a MF towel to see if the correction done was already sufficient and if you are satisfied with the results. If the correction was done, then just duplicate this on the entire car. If the correction wasn't done, then re-apply the product again with light pressure, if its still there, re-apply it again this time with moderate pressure, but take note its always better to do multiple light passes as compared to few heavy passes, this way you only remove a minimal amount of clear coat from your paint, and by doing multiple passes you would remove just the right amount of clear coat that needs to be removed.
    when polishing by hand, use pressure that's about the weight of your arm and rely on multiple passes. the same pressure is many, many times stronger if you put it on a smaller surface area, say the thumb is used instead of rubbing with the palm of the hand.

with enough arm pressure abrasion is possible even when using a non-abrasive substance. the substance may not be abrasive but the applicator material can be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
need help....scratch removal over use...