New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    guyz i need ur help....i tried using 3m scratch removal s innova namin mentallic bronze ang paint pero i think i applied too much pressure kc i did it manually...nangyari natanggal nga ung scratch nwala nmn ung gloss ng sasakayan....uneven n xa tingnan cuz since bronze metallic ung paint kulay somewhat greyish ung portion na ginamitan ko ng 3m scratch removal which is visible xa kahit s malayo...matatangal b to using liquid wax?..newbie p kc ako eh when it comes to taking care of cars....plzz guyz any advise will do..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde mo pa sinusubukan lagyan ng wax? lagyan mo muna then balik ka dito..and mahirap masabi kung gaano pa grabe nangyari sa paint mo...picture will help kung ma post mo

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde mo pa sinusubukan lagyan ng wax? lagyan mo muna then balik ka dito..and mahirap masabi kung gaano pa grabe nangyari sa paint mo...picture will help kung ma post mo
    ok sir subukan ko lagyan ng wax...bibili sana ako knina kaso lng nag sara ng maaga shop malapit s min...tnx nywayz..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Try applying a polish to restore the shine then seal it off with a nano wax. HTH.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Two things come to mind that could have happened. First, the scratch remover you used left its own micro-marring, leaving the finish hazed and cloudy. To solve this, you will need to apply a milder product that will remove the micro-marring, while not instilling any additional marring itself. Good options available OTC would be Meguiar's Swirl-X or Ultimate Polish (NOT Ultimate Compound!).

The second possibility is that you polished straight through the clear coat, and into the base/color coat. If this is the case, then the only way to fix this would, unfortunately, be a repaint of the affected panel. Hopefully, this is not the case - a picture would definitely be of help in attempting to determine which it is. Another way to tell is to try some of the scratch remover and rub it on the affected area - is the applicator you're using picking up color? If it is, then you likely have polished through the clear.

As to your question whether wax will fix this? An aggressive all-in-one product, which has abrasives, would have the same effect as a polish, but most waxes available OTC, including most cleaner waxes, would not really do anything to permanently fix the situation. Some waxes or glazes might have fillers that could temporarily mask the issue, but when the product wears off, the hazing will re-appear.

Oh, one final point - while it can be tempting to try and hit every little scratch that you incur on the car, it is generally not a good idea to do so. Remember that to "remove" scratches, you are leveling the paint to the level of the scratch - this means that you are abrading clear coat whenever you use these "scratch remover" products; and you only have a thin, finite layer of clear on the car. If I may be so bold, I would suggest reading up on proper washing techniques to minimize swirls and scratches on the paint, and perform a general polishing session only annually, if not a longer interval; as always, it is better to prevent the damage than have to repair it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    bring your car to frankline so he can assess what to do with it, he solved so many problems like yours.
    His address is 31 examiner st. in West triangle QC, take west ave and turn to where you see cabalen rest.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    parang gnun nga po ang nangyari....hazed and cloudy ung naiwan...tnx po s mga advice nyo masters...i'll try to use ultimate polish i hope it works...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voaquino View Post
    bring your car to frankline so he can assess what to do with it, he solved so many problems like yours.
    His address is 31 examiner st. in West triangle QC, take west ave and turn to where you see cabalen rest.
    Do you work for Frankline? I've noticed that the majority of your posts are recommendations for people to bring their cars to the said shop. Don't take me wrong - I've heard good things about his PDR work, but the constant promotion does get noticeable.

it is very hard to remove those stains, send it to detailing and they have people to
    do it, take not e how they do it and what they use and the next time you yourseld can do it. if you are in QC, try the detailing of frankline at 31 examiner st. near west ave.
    We cannot determine the amount of work to be doen not unless we see it. but the best is to bring it to Frankline at 31 examiner st. near west ave. The estimate is free and they do dent less & ordinary painting.
    Hi, the best I had is with Frankline, the one which meticulously repair dents on cars. Now he put up a paint shop for those cars that cannot have a paintless dent repair. Predictably he applied his meticulous ways and his works are good and the price is affordable. You can find his main shop at No. 31 Examiner St. in West triangle in QC. if you are in west ave. enter the examiner st just in front of Cabalen Rest.
    Kung gasgas lang o dimple kayang kaya yan ng dent repair medyo mahal nga lamang pero walang material fatigue sa metal o sa bumper mo. the best dyan si Frankline sa 31 Examiner St. sa QC malapit sa West Ave.. Libre naman ang estimate banggitin mo lang ma member ka ng tsikot, ipa estimate mo para malaman mo rin kung papaano nila gagawin iyan.
    try mo yung frankline sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle sa q.c
    if its only a scratch, bring it to the dent reapir shop, if you are in quezon city bring it to frankline at 31 examiner st. near west ave.
    sandali lang gawin yan, libre estimate kapag nakita mo parang walang nangyari.

try frank line at 31 examiner st in west triangle qc,enter west ave in front of the cabalen rest.
    3k and participation fee mo, hindi papayag ang insurance sa 12 k ng casa, may mga accredited repair shop sila. kung maliit lang ang tama ay ipa paintless dent repair mo kay frankline sa 31 examiner sa examiner triangle sa Quezon city, enter ka sa west avenue tapat ng cabalen rest, sandali lang iyan doon, mura pa.
    if it just a scratch better have it thru paintless dent repair.....go to frankline at 31 examner st. at west triangle in qc enter west avenue in front of cabalen rest.
    try mo ang Frankline dent repair, mahusay silang mag detail ng sasakyan nandoon sila sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle sa QC.....pasok ka sa west ave at liko sa examoiner sa tapat ng cabalen restaurant.
    Pwede na siguro ang detailining in and out pero ipa paintless dent repair mo muna yung mga scratches o mg dimple. PInakamahusay si frankline sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle q.c.
    pa repair mo na lang s nag ppdr sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle malapit sa west avenue
    Paintless dent removal is simply what the name is...they fix your dent and there will be no repainting if the dent will allow. However a big dent that resulted to the paint removal will have to be painted but the dent removal will be cold or I mean without subjecting the metal sheet of your car to extreme heat what lateros do. Instead, they open up the car part like if it is the door to gain access to the other side of the dent and with skilled precision push the dent to the original position or just like massaging it to the former form. Here in the Phils. the name that always cro0p up when it is dent removal is Frank who operates Frankline PDR located at 31 examiner st. in west triangle in qc. you take west ave and turn to examiner. Tell Frank that you were referred by me so you can have a free estimate.
    The best as far as experience is concerned is the one at 31 examiner st. at west triangle qc
    enter west ave and turn to the st. in fornt of cabalen rest. you can even rent at a token price one of the cars
    if it will be full detailing try it.
    Kung pawis lang ang problema mo ay kaya mo yan, ano ang kotse mo?....kung sealed and headlights ay saka mo dalhin sa detailing shop para ipalinis...........sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle qc malilinis yan na parang bago.
    Dent studio ni frank yon pero mahusay mag detail.
    The best as far as experience is concerned is the one at 31 examiner st. at west triangle qc
    enter west ave and turn to the st. in fornt of cabalen rest. you can even rent at a token price one of the cars
    if it will be full detailing try it.
    there is a shop in examiner st. in quezon city, they call it dent studio where they make all the necessary adjustments for paints and other things and what I like most is the cleaning of the headlights, which looks brand new after. It is in No. 31 take the wet ave route and turn in front of the cabalen rest. they call it paintless dent repair but most suki call it as dent studio by the way they make dents dissapear.
    same thing happened to my Audi, pero nung ipa detail ko nawala.... nag e mail yung detailer sa Audi at sinagot daw naman ang inquiry nila........sa Frankline ako nag pa detail sa 31 examiner st sa qc
    kung fiber glass ang skirt mo sa gumagwa ng fiberglass mo ipa repair since tumupi yan malamang ay hindi fiberglass
    kung fiberglass e di mababasag. ipa dent repair mo kay frank sa 31 examiner st. sa west triangle sa qz, punta ka sa west ave at
    liko ka sa kalye tapat ng cabalen. kung umiinit ang ignition mo malamang ay grounded ipa ayos mo na rin kay frnak at ang aircon ay kailangan ng overhaul.
    Hi Speed trap,
    I am a Cavite born guy and from Kawit at that, sorry to say there is no detailing shop who can do what you want them to do. Don't attempt to do it yourself because the damage may blow out of proportion. Using rubbing compound will thin out the paint and will give
    you more trouble. Spaying them with black paint will have a different black effect that will put a map in your paint....there are 10000plus black paint shades. The best detailing is in QC..visit Frankline at 31 Examiner st. in WEst triangle in QC....take the west ave road and turn to where the cabalen rest is. Good luck

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    wow, that was quite a list of post sir umi. I think we have a proper forum or thread that could accomodate frankline promotion.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    ito nga pla ung pic ng area after ginamitan ko ng 3m scratch removal.....i-tried liquid wax and polish pero unsuccessful...repaint n cguro ang solution ni2....tsk tsk tsk...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...42407295_n.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
need help....scratch removal over use...