New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    try this if you have the products:
    *This are All Meguiar's product and worked for me everytime.
    first, Ultimate Compund
    second, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    third, Deep Crystal Polish
    fourth, Ultimate Wax ( or you can use any wax )
    *sometimes it won't do at first trial, if that happens leave the car for 2-3days (well of course you can drive it) after 2-3 days wash the car again and again apply the 4 methods i mentioned.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
    try this if you have the products:
    *This are All Meguiar's product and worked for me everytime.
    first, Ultimate Compund
    second, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    third, Deep Crystal Polish
    fourth, Ultimate Wax ( or you can use any wax )
    *sometimes it won't do at first trial, if that happens leave the car for 2-3days (well of course you can drive it) after 2-3 days wash the car again and again apply the 4 methods i mentioned.

tnx for the tip sir...but does it really work with mine?..u saw the pic showing the infected area right?..if u encountered the same case as this in the past i guess i should try this method u mentioned....tnx a lot sir...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    *sniperjie05, yes it will work! but again it may not work at the first try so don't be disappointed. based on the pics you posted it's like somewhere in the middle of mild to heavy swirl marks.
    ultimate compound will do the trick for that although some may suggest the swirl-x but ultimate compound is the best and it will cost you less instead of buying both swirl-x and ultimate compound. hehehe!
    the mark that caused it probably a water that was heavily contaminated, acid rain, or any liquid that can harm the paint.
    always wash your car immediately if you know it was poured by something or you drove the car when it is raining.
    wash the car when it is cool and no sunlight so you can avoid water marks, swirl marks etc.
    oh and to add more help, apply small amount only and work section by section

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperjie05 View Post
    actually bro nung ginamitan ko ng 3m scratch removal i saw dark markings s cloth...and i think na damage tlg ang clear coat...will dual action polish work gaya ng cnabi mo?...im thinking of taking it to a car wash and see if they could do something about it if not i guess i have no choice....repainting it will be my last resort...

did you use the sachet 3m scratch removal? I think it has 1200 grade of abrasiveness. I used it before pero konti lang talaga ni apply ko and I restore the shine using a polish wala naman naging problema.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
    *sniperjie05, yes it will work! but again it may not work at the first try so don't be disappointed. based on the pics you posted it's like somewhere in the middle of mild to heavy swirl marks.
    ultimate compound will do the trick for that although some may suggest the swirl-x but ultimate compound is the best and it will cost you less instead of buying both swirl-x and ultimate compound. hehehe!
    the mark that caused it probably a water that was heavily contaminated, acid rain, or any liquid that can harm the paint.
    always wash your car immediately if you know it was poured by something or you drove the car when it is raining.
    wash the car when it is cool and no sunlight so you can avoid water marks, swirl marks etc.
    oh and to add more help, apply small amount only and work section by section
    I'm sorry, but I don't agree. If you've gone through clear coat, no amount of polishing will make it better, since there's no clear left to polish. Those products work well on reasonable scratches (I have both UC and Swirl-X), but they will not magically add clear when it's already gone - and the mark really does not look like a water mark to me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    yeah umi is right....that mark wasn't from a water...i used a 3m scratch removal to remove the scratch and i went overboard putting much pressure leaving it just like what the pic shows...i think im gonna take it to a paint shop and see if they could do something...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    did you use the sachet 3m scratch removal? I think it has 1200 grade of abrasiveness. I used it before pero konti lang talaga ni apply ko and I restore the shine using a polish wala naman naging problema.
    oo bro...ung sachet gmit ko pero i think mdyo mdami ung inapply ko since ayaw mawala ng scratch...i tried using polishing compound pero ala prin...tsk tsk tsk tsk...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
need help....scratch removal over use...