New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let me get this straight

Diamond gloss is a liquid polymer applied by orbital polishers with a lifetime warranty as long as you reapply it every year.

So my impression is its heavy duty polymer wax job costing 3,000 bucks for people who dont have time to have their car washed and waxed monthly.

how scratch proof is diamond gloss? Based on the hardness scale where the actual diamond is 1. where does Diamond gloss hardness fit in?

Im interested in seeing the effect of diamond gloss. Pls post pictures of before and after diamond gloss treated cars and maybe one 12 months after. I prefer pictures of a black car.

thanks

Originally posted by theveed
    IMO, if you plan to spend on DG or other paint protection, have your car detailed first, remove all imperfections, swirls, etc... (even bnew cars have this coz of idiot casa carwashers) then seal it with a paint protection sealant.
    Hi ziebartcarsaver,
    This is a very logical piece of advice. Will Ziebart/Carsavers do preliminary detailing, prior to application of Diamond Gloss? Is this inclusive sa P6k price?

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by IJD180
    Let me get this straight

Diamond gloss is a liquid polymer applied by orbital polishers with a lifetime warranty as long as you reapply it every year.

So my impression is its heavy duty polymer wax job costing 3,000 bucks for people who dont have time to have their car washed and waxed monthly.

how scratch proof is diamond gloss? Based on the hardness scale where the actual diamond is 1. where does Diamond gloss hardness fit in?

Im interested in seeing the effect of diamond gloss. Pls post pictures of before and after diamond gloss treated cars and maybe one 12 months after. I prefer pictures of a black car.

thanks
    Please check www.pbase.com/tbc111/deputy_toms_suvs. Here you will see my Prado with the DGP. Unfortunately, dont have the "before" pics. But believe me paint was not as glossy as before.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Originally posted by ziebartcarsaver
    3. It is guaranteed for life against loss of gloss – and against most environmental damage caused by acid rain, paint fading from UV rays, paint etching and marks from bird droppings and tree sap.
    Quite impressive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
maintenance of car w ziebart's diamond gloss sealant