New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *albino: i've tried the 3m scratch remover, i don't know if its the same thing, but if it is then i would say that it doesn't do that much of a nice job in removing the scratches. It can remove swirls fine to moderate swirls if thats what you're after but its also a lot harder to work with, i notice that it dries faster as compared to Megs SwirlX. I've also noticed that SwirlX finishes up to a nice sleek finish as compared to 3m, 3m once applied too hard can actually cause the paint to dull.

As for blade, blade has the moms step 2, but if its the Moms scratch remover you're after, well i haven't seen one displayed in blade, you're better off looking at TV rockwell or shang since they have a larger range of mothers and meguiars products.

And im also with jon regarding the machine polishing, its a lot more expensive but you'll definitely get better results since you get a uniform finish whereas by hand the results may vary depending on how tired you are, getting a polisher could also come in handy in the future especially if you're dead serious about making your car looking excellent.

*jon: nice article! I hope you can post some pictures of your detail, they never fail to amaze me!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *jon: nice article! I hope you can post some pictures of your detail, they never fail to amaze me!
    Thanks... am just paying it forward, so to speak.

----------------------------------------
    Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Maintaining Our Black Car