New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon: Thanks for the info, its very informative regarding polychargers im happy it could be used with klasse, as for power polish i sure will seeing you results with it, then again its with the skill on using the polisher not much on the product IMO, im heading to MOA now to get a bottle, My PC 7424xp haven't arrived yet so, so far im using BnD Wp1300 and Kp 600 both velcro fitted with LC pads, As for the findings, once i get my hands on some of them i'll be sure to update you.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sir question po, standard po ba sa mga detailers ung 3 step ng meguiars?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *lloydwena: That would depend on the detail shop, Generally and a majority of detail shops don't use Megs Step 3, but there are those shops that advertise Meguiars on their detailing shop, now based on what the people at meguiars told me, it doesn't mean that if they have a Meguiars poster on the shop they use Meguiars products already, some shops with posters just have a service or an offer where they would use Meguiars products for an added fee, and sadly some detailing shops just get a poster of meguiars and post it without even using their products.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ayy. ganon ba? hahanap ako ng mga detail shops sa banaue area na ok. kung ma alam kayo, post naman.. =)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *lloydwena: you could try genki car spa beside taza, i used to have my cars washed and waxed there before i knew about BB and the others. I'm not sure if they still offer Megs products though, the last time i got there i opted for the Moms 2 step Reflection. costed me around nearly 1k but its nice. Some people have been complaining about the shop but i guess nothing serious and most of the complains there could be easily remedied when you go out and check on your car from time to time.

Actually i've also gone to a shop near our place that offers genuine meguiars products but the results weren't that really outstanding, i got wax residues on paint and trims, some parts of the spoiler and claddings still feel like it has kerosene. Bottomline i think aside from a shop that uses genuine megs products ( if that your preference ) i guess going to a shop that knows the real deal when it comes to detailing is also another thing you should consider. I've gone to numerous detailing shops that doesn't actually use top brands but can still deliver great results and their workmanship is remarkable.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just posted some additional pics of the detail of my dad's black Honda CR-V in my detailing blog.

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    great blog jonjon. all i can say is WOW! nice work.

we just a black car also, and the swirl marks are killin' me. i've tried using 3m scratch and swirl remover but i'm not fully satisfied.

what else can you guys recommend?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *albino: You could try Mom's Step 2, it had great filling abilities and it contains mild polishes that when used after a few times would slowly level the paint removing the swirls. You could also try Megs Step 1 or Swirl X, both are hand applied and contain abrasives that would even the paint and remove those swirls. Moms Scratch remover can also help in removing more prominent and deeper swirls.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    *madkatz i chose between the megs swirl x and the 3m, but i got the 3m scratch and swirl remover anyway. how are the reviews on this product(3m) anyway?

blade has those moms products right?

thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Albino View Post
    great blog jonjon. all i can say is WOW! nice work.

we just a black car also, and the swirl marks are killin' me. i've tried using 3m scratch and swirl remover but i'm not fully satisfied.

what else can you guys recommend?

Thanks. Hopefully I could get to detail the red civic and the black cr-v again before the next year starts.

With regard to the swirl marks on your car, I would humbly suggest machine polishing to remove them. It is still possible to remove them by hand, but expect that process to be much more difficult.

Here's an interesting article at Autogeek.

Man versus Machine

Hope this helps.

My auto detailing experiences:

http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Maintaining Our Black Car