Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    hm montero sport 2016?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by quintch View Post
    How much ang cquartz coating for Dmax?
    Currently may mga minor dents (door bumps from neighbor cars in parking), and minor scratch.

Would this also be treated as well?
    or it will be coated without being restored?
    Scratches and other paint defects should be dealth with before coating.

PM nlng tyo mga sir, for other concenrs, para hndii tayo OT. Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    Scratches and other paint defects should be dealth with before coating.

PM nlng tyo mga sir, for other concenrs, para hndii tayo OT. Thanks!
    sir kitoy, if i may ask.. pwede po pa PM ng name at location ng shop ninyo? thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    I've tried Renergy's G3 PowerCoat. Their shop is in Pasig. I have researched a lot about the available options here in the Philippines as well as the option of sourcing the materials from the US (like CQuartz) and applying it myself.

I decided to go with Renergy because:
    1. My parking space does not have any water outlet so I cannot wash the car prior to the application
    2. It doesn't have a power outlet either (condo kasi)
    3. I don't have the tools (yet) to do paint correction.

Take note. This is for a 1 week old SUV, which was oozing with watermarks (I've complained about this to the dealer).

So, the cheapest way was for me to actually get CQuartz in the US but since I won't be able to prep the paint well before application, I had to choose from local shops. The CQuartz shop was kinda far from where I live so that is out of the question. The shop that gave me the best price (with their promo at 60% off) with almost the same product was Renergy. So far, I am happy with them. Car was washed and placed indoors inside a warehouse-looking place and polished, re-polished, and coated. Curtains were put a few feet around the SUV to minimize dust particles coming in during the curing process. They passed my detailing scrutiny so I'm happy. They also coated the windshield, side windows, and read windshield plus the wheels.

I did place an order for CQuartz Reload in the US to top off my glass-coated vehicle. CQuartz and G3 PowerCoat uses silica (which is the glass component) so Reload should fit right in with what I have as a topper.

The only problem I have is that I miss waxing the car. I used to wax my car weekly. The new one gets rinseless-washed every week since no waxing is needed. The glass coating should protect it from potential minor scratches/swirls due to the rinseless wash. I was discouraged by the guys at Renergy from waxing the glass-coated car as they said it's not necessary. I told them it was more for my need to do the action rather than to protect the car. Oh well...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzilla View Post
    I've tried Renergy's G3 PowerCoat. Their shop is in Pasig. I have researched a lot about the available options here in the Philippines as well as the option of sourcing the materials from the US (like CQuartz) and applying it myself.

I decided to go with Renergy because:
    1. My parking space does not have any water outlet so I cannot wash the car prior to the application
    2. It doesn't have a power outlet either (condo kasi)
    3. I don't have the tools (yet) to do paint correction.

Take note. This is for a 1 week old SUV, which was oozing with watermarks (I've complained about this to the dealer).

So, the cheapest way was for me to actually get CQuartz in the US but since I won't be able to prep the paint well before application, I had to choose from local shops. The CQuartz shop was kinda far from where I live so that is out of the question. The shop that gave me the best price (with their promo at 60% off) with almost the same product was Renergy. So far, I am happy with them. Car was washed and placed indoors inside a warehouse-looking place and polished, re-polished, and coated. Curtains were put a few feet around the SUV to minimize dust particles coming in during the curing process. They passed my detailing scrutiny so I'm happy. They also coated the windshield, side windows, and read windshield plus the wheels.

I did place an order for CQuartz Reload in the US to top off my glass-coated vehicle. CQuartz and G3 PowerCoat uses silica (which is the glass component) so Reload should fit right in with what I have as a topper.

The only problem I have is that I miss waxing the car. I used to wax my car weekly. The new one gets rinseless-washed every week since no waxing is needed. The glass coating should protect it from potential minor scratches/swirls due to the rinseless wash. I was discouraged by the guys at Renergy from waxing the glass-coated car as they said it's not necessary. I told them it was more for my need to do the action rather than to protect the car. Oh well...
    Why rinseless wash? Why not do a proper wash from the good shops? Its only 200ish.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Why rinseless wash? Why not do a proper wash from the good shops? Its only 200ish.
    Because I clean my car better than them - even with a rinseless wash. :D

I cringe when I see how they wash cars. Yung wash mitt, punas sa lower part ng door, then sa hood, then sa trunk, then sa bumper, then sa lower part ng ibang door, etc. When drying, they do the same. :S

I use a good rinseless wash (which had very good review) that I got from Autogeek. I pre-soak the whole car by spraying it (diluted, around 1.5 oz per 500ml). For the actual wash, I use 1.5 oz to 2 oz for 1.5 gallons of water. The specs said 1 oz for 2 gallons. I want more lubricity so I add more. This makes my towel glide better and lessen potential scratches - which the glass coating should've also helped prevent in the first place. I wash from top to bottom, going around the car. 1 side of the folder microfiber per half panel (door panel is split into top and bottom, for example). This minimizes the chance of scratching. As per instructions, I just wipe off the water after each panel using a dry MF towel.

Would I do rinseless wash without glass coating? Maybe. But mas malakas lang loob ko due to the glass coating.

I take around 40-50 minutes to rinseless-wash the SUV, including drying time. Wheels are a different beast though. I need another 30 minutes for that if I leave it mounted. If I have to take it out, wheel detailing na yun. I will need around 3 hours. Hehehe.

You might ask, why not have it washed outside given that it's glass coated? I think IF the shop would wash it exactly the same way I do, I'll gladly go there. I don't think they use new MF towels (as in bagong laba, not necessarily brand new) per car. Piga-piga lang then off to the next car. Once this car is around 4-5 years old, I might not be as OCD with it so it will get washed outside.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    Hi my comments will be limited to my experince with certain brand of coatings, so far I have tried, Opticoat, sonax and now we are the only accredited installer of Cquartz Finest here in the Philippines. These are the more commonly used brands, but in the past 2 years maybe a lot of new brands keeps on popping up in US, Europe and Asian Markets.
    I ill be speaking in general of coatings and their advantage.
    - It can give the protection of high end wax and sealants like UV protection, prevents paint oxidation, etc.
    - but coatings does this better, since they last a lot longer.
    - one thing that you will notice immediately is your car doesn't get as dirty as normally it would, lest dust and dirt adhering to paint, and if it rains, most of them will be washed away, para kang bagong carwash.
    - another is it provides a degree of scratch protection, this will depend in the brand and how hard the coating can get, but definitely harder than paint.
    - depending on the brand, certain brands can counter mineral deposits than cause watermarks, acid in acid rain, bird poop and insect guts.
    - over all you are helping your paint look like brand new for longer period of time, somehow preserving the value of your investment.

Hope this helps.
    *Kitoy. Cquartz finest is this the same ng Cquartz CQUK 110deg water contact angle? Or iba pa talaga? Thanks

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    *Kitoy. Cquartz finest is this the same ng Cquartz CQUK 110deg water contact angle? Or iba pa talaga? Thanks
    Mag kaiba sir ang Cquartz Finest sa Cquartz UK, but they give the same protection and same water contact angle sir, 110 deg din. Difference ay yung durability, Finest will last longer. Also yung kintab magkaiba din, mas my depth yung finest compared sa UK.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    I heard na medyo strict ang CarPro sa pag accredit ng shops and sa pagbenta ng CQuartz Finest (unlike sa CQuartz and CQuartz UK, which are both consumer products). The fact that you're accredited speaks a lot about your business. Hats off to you, bro!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzilla View Post
    I heard na medyo strict ang CarPro sa pag accredit ng shops and sa pagbenta ng CQuartz Finest (unlike sa CQuartz and CQuartz UK, which are both consumer products). The fact that you're accredited speaks a lot about your business. Hats off to you, bro!
    Ok tlga si sir kitoy. kaya ngpasched na ko sknya ngaun month hehe

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast