New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men View Post
    tnx * dehadista

iniisip ko kc pa asses ka sa bb one of these days pag kaya ng detailing, ill have the dings and scratches fixed -mostly on the driver side doors then have it fully detailed s bb.

totou ba na ang repint/waashover can never be as long lasting and as shiny as the originally paint regardless of the skill of the painter/ paint shop quality?
    of course that's not true.

I've seen results that are significantly better than OEM Paint.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks, most repainted (by good repainters) are way better than OEM.

But in terms of adhesion and durability, I'd have to disagree with dehadista, though. It takes a lot of effort to match the adhesion and durability of factory painted surfaces since they're not painted and prepped the same manner..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    agree with theveed on the last one though. hard to beat yung OEM Primer and process entailed with it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    many many thanks po mga tsikot gurus

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    sa mga detailing gurus that has helped me understand a lot

mraming maraming slamt po!

sa uulitin po mga sirs /gurus

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    looks, most repainted (by good repainters) are way better than OEM.

But in terms of adhesion and durability, I'd have to disagree with dehadista, though. It takes a lot of effort to match the adhesion and durability of factory painted surfaces since they're not painted and prepped the same manner..

if a painter will use polyurethane and epoxy primer that's a different story.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    not sure if ot, sencia na kung yes.

ibig sabihin ba i have to insist on an epoxy primer tas polyurethane?

polyurethane ba d best among the paints- anzahl dupont, k92, polyurethane etc (assumng of courese na paintter/shop is the same) may discernable diffrence ba sa mga paints na yan assuming na same lang skill ng painter?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    black,
    If your budget permit yes insist on poly and epoxy primer. Polyurethane is a type of of paint.Anzahl,dupont and k92 has polyU brand.Ask your painter kung saan sya hiyang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Glossy Question