New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpain30 View Post
    on my experience. dati parang wiper nudges lang yung sa front windshield ko nung ginamitan ko ng elevo and follow the instruction. parang lalong nagas gasan yung salamin ko at very frustrated ako ngayon kung pano ko matatangal.
    Does anyone already found out the solution for this common problem done by elevo watermarks remover? Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Drichmeister View Post
    Does anyone already found out the solution for this common problem done by elevo watermarks remover? Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem you guys experienced is called acid etching. water spot is caused by minerals left after the rain evaporated or water is left to dry, they are mainly salt, which is alkali. LOW COST water spot remover uses acid to neutralize the alkali, these acid remover are quite difficult to handle, and may cause acid etching. if not neutralize, the etching may permanently damage the glass.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Just got a pack of Rain Clear Gel with Rain Scrub glass cleaner... let see if its good. Meron rin akong nakitang yung cleaner and repellant all in one spray... forgot the exact name pero from glass science din. got the aforementioned pack na lang kasi mas tatagal.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Tried the Rain Clear Gel and it works well. It is pretty tough to remove or I dint do it quite right, but after getting a car wash the excess film got removed and it repels the water as advertised. I would not recommend this on newer cars though since they already seem to have repellent already or are just unmarred.

Be prepared with a lot of elbow grease when applying and "buffing" it off.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxter View Post
    The problem you guys experienced is called acid etching. water spot is caused by minerals left after the rain evaporated or water is left to dry, they are mainly salt, which is alkali. LOW COST water spot remover uses acid to neutralize the alkali, these acid remover are quite difficult to handle, and may cause acid etching. if not neutralize, the etching may permanently damage the glass.
    Sir do u have any idea how to resolve this problem? Thanks.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    So pwede po pagpatungin yun gel tapos water repellant?

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Wala na un rain clear gel sa blade di ko natry sayang haha binili ko na lang un rain repellant ng blade 88php nakalimutan ko may rain x pala ako sa bahay sayang haha

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sa ace meron pa din ata ng rain clear.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnova View Post
    kung makapal na ang watermarks use liquid version. pero kung 3 months ago lang napa-polish ka. the paste version will do.
    boss ask po ako, pa OT, pgkatapos ko aplyan ng elevo yun liquid, nakita ko mga gasgas sa windshield, medyo foggy din,, ano kaya solution?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yffar Solacad View Post
    boss ask po ako, pa OT, pgkatapos ko aplyan ng elevo yun liquid, nakita ko mga gasgas sa windshield, medyo foggy din,, ano kaya solution?
    important note with acid based watermark removers is not to let the chemical dry on glass. else mag "foggy" sya. dapat small sections at a time lang. i work on an area no bigger than 1ft x 1 ft then rinse with soap and water. proceed to next section.

You would need a glass polish to remove them. i have remove these type of glass defects including wiper scratches with carpro ceriglass at rayon

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Elevo Water Mark Remover and Rain X