New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok ba to?

If not, what would you recommend in place of this?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what are you using it for?

for spot touch up of scratches adn swirls, it's a good product, less oily than meguiar's scratch X...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mass removal of scratches and swirls on my Exped.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not all the scratches would be that deep (I'm assuming scratches come from months of "pranela-ing").

A standard rule of thumb is to go with the least aggressive route first. 3M Finish Restorer would be good, as would Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish. You may even try something milder.

Then for those spots where the scratches are still visible, you can use the Eagle One.

An Expedition is really a pretty big vehicle, so I would suggest you bring it to a good detailing shop, and have them do a one-step on it (basically, the intensive cleaning--oxidation removal, as well as removal of scratches and swirls). I think an Exped would cost about P1,200 to P1,500.

The reason I suggest you bring it to the pros is that they have professional equipment (rotary buffer in particular) to minimize the scratches and swirls. After that one-step detailing, you can do your own 2nd and 3rd step (polishing and/or glazing, and sealing/waxing/protecting). Then, of course, you have to maintain that finish by avoiding scratches and swirl-makers (getting rid of pranelas, and following correct washing and drying techniques).

Good luck, and tell us how it goes.

--Alf

(O.T. Kita ko si Jo-Anne, dating DCRC ng Ford, sa Festival. Works in Bellevue hotel na daw...)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfameister
    Not all the scratches would be that deep (I'm assuming scratches come from months of "pranela-ing").
    Actually, years of "pranela-ing" already.

A standard rule of thumb is to go with the least aggressive route first. 3M Finish Restorer would be good, as would Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish. You may even try something milder.

Then for those spots where the scratches are still visible, you can use the Eagle One.
    I see. I've actually tried the Eagle One Wet (Paste wax with fluoropolymer). So far, so good. It brought out the shine from the dull, unwaxed for 2 years, black paint. Thing is though, you can still see all the scratches and swirls.

An Expedition is really a pretty big vehicle, so I would suggest you bring it to a good detailing shop, and have them do a one-step on it (basically, the intensive cleaning--oxidation removal, as well as removal of scratches and swirls). I think an Exped would cost about P1,200 to P1,500.

The reason I suggest you bring it to the pros is that they have professional equipment (rotary buffer in particular) to minimize the scratches and swirls. After that one-step detailing, you can do your own 2nd and 3rd step (polishing and/or glazing, and sealing/waxing/protecting). Then, of course, you have to maintain that finish by avoiding scratches and swirl-makers (getting rid of pranelas, and following correct washing and drying techniques).
    Actually, i've been planning to do this for the deeper scratches, with the assumption that on my own and with your recommended scratch remover, i can get rid of the smaller and shallower ones. Nothing better than the pros, huh?

(O.T. Kita ko si Jo-Anne, dating DCRC ng Ford, sa Festival. Works in Bellevue hotel na daw...)
    Yeah, i remember Jo-Anne. Really ***y voice! It was really fun setting up a PMS appointment with her on the other line. Not the same anymore these days. Btw, where's Bellevue?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh, before i forget,

thanks theveed and alfalfameister! :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29,
    meguiar's will be opening a franchise in westgate,filinvest.you might want to check them out.i think march or april opening nila.hth. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks zpad!

will check em out when they open. :mrgreen:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malabo 1200 ang Expe dude, civic/corolla palang 1700 na rate hehe...

I suggest (if matyaga ka), you try 3M Finish Restorer, muna, then use your EO polish and wax. You'll see a big diff...

If you want a one-step product, then you must give Mother's Reflections a shot... P800 in Hahn Tools shang... great stuff.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks Theveed!

Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Malabo 1200 ang Expe dude, civic/corolla palang 1700 na rate hehe...
    Uh huh. Ouch! Oh well, patignan natin.

I suggest (if matyaga ka), you try 3M Finish Restorer, muna, then use your EO polish and wax. You'll see a big diff...
    3M Finish Restorer? Ok, will look into this.

If you want a one-step product, then you must give Mother's Reflections a shot... P800 in Hahn Tools shang... great stuff.
    One-step product, meaning scratch and swirl remover, and polish?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Eagle One Swirl and Scratch Remover