New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I was thinking of the same thing... daming art stores dito. No swirls bro?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    No swirl, Sir. Just use a lot of lubrication. Sinubukan ko muna sa 2 year old white fortuner. Ayos naman.
    Was actually looking for BLU TAC, kaso wala.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    No swirl, Sir. Just use a lot of lubrication. Sinubukan ko muna sa 2 year old white fortuner. Ayos naman.
    Was actually looking for BLU TAC, kaso wala.

Uy parang good idea yang Blu Tac. Sticky and malleable like detailing clay. Try ko nga rin haha

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by makyong View Post
    Spent 2 hours claying a white car this morning. I used modeling clay bought from the bookstore. Works just fine. Silky smooth....
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nice job, makinis bro. pwede pala yan modeling clay

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Just to be sure, I'll probably just use blu tac or modelling clay sa lower portion ng front and rear bumper to rid of unsightly tar and road grime. Napakamahal ng original clay bar just for that. I was thinking of using Play Doh pero medyo iba rin pala siya sa modeling clay. The latter does not dry up and crumble as it is oil based (much better for gliding over our car's precious paint), and is also very malleable. And I think it's cheaper too.

Anyway, would you know of any application which could minimize these tar and grime from mucking up the paint?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Use a clay sponge ... GInnova sells NanoSkin (REFLECTIONS CAR CARE) 1000 pesos ... D3 Tech (Facebook) sells a cheaper variant for 600 ... or you can buy a Bug / Tar remover at True Value / Ace Hardware / Blade for 350+ ...

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Hi guys!!! Have a white car repainted recently... but as early as now (3 months), i already see some black stubborn stains on the paint... maybe asphalt. How do you guys deal with them? I wash the car at least once a week and have also applied wax.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Hi guys!!! Have a white car repainted recently... but as early as now (3 months), i already see some black stubborn stains on the paint... maybe asphalt. How do you guys deal with them? I wash the car at least once a week and have also applied wax.
    Those black stains, are you referring to the one found around the wheels all through out the mud guards up to the lower part of your front doors? I just use this tar remover. I'll get back with the brand name later.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    if asphalt, you may try to spray with kerosene, let it linger a bit and see if it soften then wipe off. wash and wax the area afterwards.

or check sir ginnova's detailing store. i think he is selling some products for decontamination.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Those black stains, are you referring to the one found around the wheels all through out the mud guards up to the lower part of your front doors? I just use this tar remover. I'll get back with the brand name later.
    Thanks! It’s actually not on the lower part of the car but on the hood. I also found some above the windows. I can rub them off with my fingers if I put heavy pressure. Just weird that they’re still there right after a full carwash.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    if asphalt, you may try to spray with kerosene, let it linger a bit and see if it soften then wipe off. wash and wax the area afterwards.

or check sir ginnova's detailing store. i think he is selling some products for decontamination.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Ok will try the kerosene method. Hope it solves it. I remember before I had the car completely repainted / washed over, there were also black stains that were really hard to remove Kaya don’t wanna go that route again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12