New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What is the best wax to bring out the shine on a silver car?

I am currently using Microtex Nanoglos and Nanosliq and it's hard for me to bring out the shine in my car. I am not into hardcore detailing and I really don't want to invest too much on detailing stuff. I have the Microtex applicator pad, 1 ultra plush, 1 plush and 2 ultra cloths.

I am deciding between Collonite 845 and Collonite 476 as it has good reviews on Amazon. However I have no idea on how difficult or easy it is to apply any of these wax. I need something that would bring out the shine in my car in a quick and easy manner (less paraphernalia and procedures). TIA.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What is the best wax to bring out the shine on a silver car?

I am currently using Microtex Nanoglos and Nanosliq and it's hard for me to bring out the shine in my car. I am not into hardcore detailing and I really don't want to invest too much on detailing stuff. I have the Microtex applicator pad, 1 ultra plush, 1 plush and 2 ultra cloths.

I am deciding between Collonite 845 and Collonite 476 as it has good reviews on Amazon. However I have no idea on how difficult or easy it is to apply any of these wax. I need something that would bring out the shine in my car in a quick and easy manner (less paraphernalia and procedures). TIA.
    before you can bring out the shine, you should have your paint surface cleaned and prepared. washing alone cannot get rid of the contaminants in the paint surface so you need to clay it, then to remove swirl marks and scratches, you need to polish it. but since you like to do it in an easy manner (less paraphernalia and procedures as you said) then maybe you end up just washing it

to give you an idea of the waxes you mentioned,

Collinite Car Wax Products, Collinite Wax, Insulator Wax, collinite 845, collinite double coat

collinite 845 or liquid insulator wax is easier to apply by hand or by machine. it is a wax on wax off type of wax so you can buff it off as soon as you apply it. on a properly prep paint surface, it shines!

collinite 476 is a paste wax and quite hard to remove. the technique is to apply it as "thin" as possible and buff panel by panel. the advantage of 476 is its durability, it can stand many washes and last longer.

why not try collinite 915 instead? it's also a paste wax, less durable than 476 but its easier to apply and remove/buff. I use it on my silver Vios and i'm happy with the shine. I highly recommend it

enjoy your detailing session ma'am c4u...
    Last edited by monty_GTV; June 29th, 2013 at 03:24 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just wash then proceed with waxing. Is claying necessary before using collinite? I will go for the 845 instead because I stay away from products that is anywhere near as hard to buff off as turtle wax. Sakit sa katawan :rant:

Also polish is different from wax pa?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Naks, I admire the dedication to the car Ma'am C4U kaya pala madami naiinlove sa inyo ha :naughty2: Hihihihi..

1. Okay, a wax is simply more of trying to make the car color's "pop". However, most of the beauty you see is the result of careful paint preparation.

2. The usual routine is to: Wash -> Clay -> (Correction Stage) -> (Cleaning stage) -> (Sealant/Wax/LSP stage). The difference between 3-step and 2-step exterior detailing is that 3-step uses compounding to remove swirls and scratches more aggressively while a 2-step detail uses a polish to lessen and reduce most swirls.

3. There's really no problem in simply waxing the car for protection. But since most detailers are pretty OC, we recommend going through the routine to make the most out of it.

4. A polish removes minor imperfections and evens out the surface area (lessens minor scratches, swirls, etc.) while a wax's main duty is to protect the vehicle all while improving the paint (ex. improve reflectivity, 'deeper' color, etc.).

5. As you're a girl, I'll try to relate this to makeup. Think of polishes as concealers and wax as the make-up. Cleaners is like..washing your face before applying makeup while claying is like a foundation primer. (No worries, I live in a family of 5 girls so yeah..)

6. I won't be recommending 915 because of the price it entails. It's a costs a hefty 50% more than the Collinite 845. If the paint's white or silver, carnauba's added "depth" isn't going anywhere on silver and white panels. For being newbie-friendly, I suggest you go for the Collinite 845 as a beginner.

7. I first suggest availing yourself of a 2-step detailing process at your suking detailer. Inquire about their products and their steps on how they do it to get a first-hand information on the detailing process. Plus, you get to see how they do it to boot!

8. Personally, I avail myself of claying and polish/compound services at my suking detailer on the premise that (1) I am lazy (2) I don't have a machine to do the job more efficiently.. and (3) yeah, laziness.

9. From a newbie-standpoint, you can say the Collinite 845 is kinda like a souped-up Nanoglos. They practically serve the same intention except the Nanoglos is for short-term use (its durability is short-lived usually a week versus the 845's two-month-long protection)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I just wash then proceed with waxing. Is claying necessary before using collinite? I will go for the 845 instead because I stay away from products that is anywhere near as hard to buff off as turtle wax. Sakit sa katawan :rant:

Also polish is different from wax pa?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Hey guys, sinong gusto mag volunteer? Tulungan nyo naman daw si mam mag detail ng car nya pag may time kayo.

1. Masakit sa katawan - wash and wax lang si cathy, kayo na bahala gumawa ng ibang steps.

2. Does not want to invest/spend - so bring all your detailing stuff to her place.
    Pag tapos na, si cathy na lang bahala sa mirienda, lunch or maybe dinner.

:D

Seriously, ipa-professional detail mo na mam pag hindi ka na satisfied sa outcome ng pag wash and wax mo.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    My first ride is a White car,
    and when i sold it, i bought a Silver car.

Both car i used the old school turtle wax hard shell paste wax.
    For a cheap wax, very satisfied ako sa results, basta manipis na manipis lang ang apply,
    yung "basta lang mapahiran" technique, hindi mahirap tanggalin.

Before applying anything, ang first step ko is a professional detailing done, para may fresh surface akong aalagaan,
    and from there, every month na ako nag aapply ng wax, still, up to know, parang newly detailed ang itsura ng ride ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    yes, white and silver cars just need the same detailing as dark cars. lucky if you have the darker silvers. they're not gonna pop like blacks or reds because all the light and glare is reflected unlike dark colored cars that don't reflect glare as much. To see this, check the reflection of the sun on a silver vs. black. Can stare for a bit on black paint but not on silver. Evenso, detailed light colored cars are still noticeably reflective than neglected or improperly washed ones.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ok na bang tandem ang ONR for wash + Collinite 845?

What do you suggest I use to remove bits of dirt that cling on the car? (Dito ba pumapasok ang rubbing compound or clay? Hehe. New to detailing din)
    Also, what product is good to remove watermarks (after rain) on windshields and glass?

I also have a white car. I wanted to make the most shine when I clean it. Hehehe.

Thanks!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

wash it properly first...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmamba58 View Post
    Ok na bang tandem ang ONR for wash + Collinite 845?

What do you suggest I use to remove bits of dirt that cling on the car? (Dito ba pumapasok ang rubbing compound or clay? Hehe. New to detailing din)
    Also, what product is good to remove watermarks (after rain) on windshields and glass?

I also have a white car. I wanted to make the most shine when I clean it. Hehehe.

Thanks!
    1. Yes. There's no really "combos" in detailing.. just use whatever you have. You don't have ONR? Use a shampoo. Can't be spilling too much water in the apartment? ONR.

2. Claying.

3. Watermarks after rain? Just wash it. It's not like they've etched into the glass or paint. If they do, you'd have to grab yourself a watermark remover (for the glass).

4. To make most out of the shine when you clean it, try investing in wash + shampoos all-in-one. Even those products have some wax (usually beeswax) on them to help pop the paint colors. Of course, what you see on a daily basis (great shine and reflection) is more of a product of careful paint prep work rather than the wax used.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

wash it properly first...
    So like.. if you have bigger assets does that mean less effort because you cover a larger surface area? :naughty2:

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast