New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May PMS para sa engine & mechanical, at may warranty rustproof reapplication para sa chassis...
    Dati kase, haphazard lang ang body maintenance ko sa car (when the need arises or feel ko dahil medyo madungis na yong tsikot...pero dapat talaga e kung paano mo alagaan ang engine mo, ganon din sa katawan.

Ba't walang Detailing Schedule ang mga casa? O meron na topic sa ganito dito (sorry kung di ko na-search; pls point me to the thread na lang). If ala pa, what do you think of this schedule? May kulang?

ITEMS/TASKS PERIOD

California Dusting (in between washing) --- Daily
    Car Wash and Shampoo --- Weekly
    Detailing Spray (in between waxing) --- Weekly
    Vacuum and Interior (minor) Cleaning --- Monthly
    Underwash --- yearly
    Exterior Detailing --- Yearly
    Engine Detailing --- Yearly
    Interior Detailing --- Yearly

Tama ba yong interior detailing o nasyado matagal? I figure that I don't open the windows often anyway.

Comment naman detailing gurus tnx.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    masyadong matagal yung Interior and Engine.. make it more frequent.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually pwede na yan, just wipe the engine down every car wash. Ditto with interior, make vacuuming more frequent.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    theveed,

i just bought a new mits.adv, i do not know much about detailing, but i do always maintain my rig clean. I usually use armour all for vinyl and rubber and turtle wax for the painting. is there any harm if i used it twice a month for its maintenance.

appreciated your expertise advise.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no harm

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    thanks a lot

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mga experts....

anu dapat gawin dito parang scratches dulot kasi ng 3M wax na gamit ko, kahit irub ko ng mabuti, naiwan pa rin ang stain or whatever you call it...

Hope you can help me in removing this... Thanks for help...

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Theveed,

Good day sir! I am a newbie in detailing. I just want to confirm some articles I've read:

1. Megs Ultimate Polish - What kind of waxes / sealants can I use as a LSP after applying UP?

2. What are the things to know when choosing polishing products, and what sealants/waxes go well with them?

3. Are Megs NXT2.0 Wax and EO Nano Wax sealants?

4. Is there any benefit in applying a pure carnuaba wax over a sealant? If yes, are no.915 and NXT compatible? And

5. No. 915 + Megs UP, does this make a good or bad combo?

Thank you sir in advance. Hoping for your reply soon

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sx8boy View Post
    Theveed,

Good day sir! I am a newbie in detailing. I just want to confirm some articles I've read:

1. Megs Ultimate Polish - What kind of waxes / sealants can I use as a LSP after applying UP?

2. What are the things to know when choosing polishing products, and what sealants/waxes go well with them?

3. Are Megs NXT2.0 Wax and EO Nano Wax sealants?

4. Is there any benefit in applying a pure carnuaba wax over a sealant? If yes, are no.915 and NXT compatible? And

5. No. 915 + Megs UP, does this make a good or bad combo?

Thank you sir in advance. Hoping for your reply soon
    1) you can put any wax of your choice... I'd recommend Optimum Car Wax, Collinite waxes, and Microtex Nanoglos.

2) When choosing polishing products, you have three general types... 1) compounds 2) polishes and 3) finishing polishes
    -compounds abrade the clearcoat most extensively, and have the most correcting power... but as previously mentioned, they should be used conservatively since judicious use of compounds WILL destroy your clearcoat. These will leave buffer swirls that have to be corrected with polishes
    -polishes and finishing polishes are finer abrasive products that are used to improve the finish of the paint after compounding.
    -any wax or sealant can be used after polishing. just depends on your choice.
    3) NXT 2.0 is a synthetic wax, but is not a sealant. EO is also a synthetic wax (not a sealant)
    4) yes. a pure carnauba wax over the sealant will 1) add another layer of protection to the paint 2) prolong sealant life, and 3) usually it impoves the overall finish of the paint
    not sure about compatibility of 915 (is this collinite?) and NXT 2.0. To be sure, apply them 8 hours apart to let the first product applied cure (after which you can layer another wax)
    5) Megs UP will correct the defects and collinite 915 will give you an amazing shine. it's a good combo. But use UP sparingly - it's still an abrasive. for maintenance, you're better off with a sealant (or glaze) + wax combo.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you sir scharnhorst for answering my questions! I appreciate it. But based on your answer, now I'm quite unsure which are considered sealants. Is Microtex Nano Sil a Sealant?

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to ask about detailing procedures. I've never done it before, but I am planning to do it in this order (I based some of these steps on the answers you gave me):

Wash & Dry -> Clay -> Paint corrections/polishing -> Sealer -> Synthetic Wax -> Pure Carnuaba Wax(2nd coat after 8hours)

Did I get it right? Suggestions are deeply appreciated

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Detailing Basics and FAQs list.