New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow.. its been years since I last used a chamois.

may drying towel ang Microtex ah. the real big one. I use that in conjunction with water blade.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I use Microtex yellow color. I think that is their chamois version. Highly absorbent and durable. I've been using it for more than one year and it still performs efficiently. It's not also "grabby" unlike other chamois in the market, e.g., Kanebo. Chamois tends to harded when left dry. It is best to keep it a little bit wet and store in a plastic container or big ziplock. I also have a Microtex waffle (the grey color) which is a lot bigger than the other Microtex variants. But I find the yellow microtex easier to use.

BTW, got my microtex products at Ace Hardware. Don't know if they still have a demo video on how to properly use Microtex without scratching the car.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Microtex sells "pro kits" that bundle three or four different towels together in one plastic bag for PhP650 thereabouts. The one I got had the chamois and the ultra-plush (green) towel thrown in. Their chamois does harden when dry, but moistening it before use does bring it back to its old qualities again.

The pro-kit also has car care instructions. Following them, I just lay the chamois on the surface and pull one end at the corners to drag the whole towel across. That alone will pick up water from horizontal surfaces. For vertical surfaces like doors, I fold it up in half and drag the whole towel in a straight line. Drying cars this way, I don't see the need for the more expensive jelly blades---I suppose those will just do the process quicker.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pansin ko para mapadali at walang gasgas ang pagdry eh dalawang waffle weave ang bilhin.....Tapos BLOT-DRY lang....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    auto gard brand ang gamit ko for almost a year na.. mas mura kasi for only 150php ata.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Was looking for one last night...and interestingly found one selling for 300 pesos.. It is made of natural skin. Label reads English Chamois Leather (Full Cod Oil Tanned). Really do feel and smells like leather.

Will have to see, if this is any good. the normal or synthethic ones only goes for 100 to 150 pesos.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the problem with using chamois is that one small pebble/dirt or whatever can scratch the paint. the car has to be perfectly clean to avoid scratches when using chamois. unlike MF, a piece of pebble can be absorbed inside the fibers.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I tried ung 3M as advised dito, nagtataka lang ako baket may white components ung chamois na un.. hmm..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pre yung original na kanebo brand

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Tanong lang po Sir. Saan po ba nabibili yung Leather Chamois?
    Thanks Po..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Chamois - what brand do you use