New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    *ts
    no rule at all.
    depends on the wallet and if you can afford to take the car offline for 2 to 3 weeks.

as for me, whenever my car accumulates enough dents and scratches that i cannot ignore anymore, i would go for a full washover / repaint rather than doing per panel. gray / silver is really hard to match.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Even the best paint shops can't match the original factory paint of your car. that is a fact. Caring for the original paint is really a challenge overtime while you own your car but it is still the best paint your car ever had. But, there are really reasons when you need a washover, like when your car has no shaded parking most of its lifetime and most of its top portions are flaking and faded, too many dimples/dents, deep scratches, rusted/corroded panels, etc. If this is the case of your car, find a good paint shop with a legit paint oven and a very meticulous painter (and latero if needed). Also be ready to replace weather strippings (with OEM) that will be inevitably damaged during the painting process....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I don't think it would really matter if it doesn't match factory. Who cares? I mean, if it's an old car and the paint is already oxidized and fading, then, repaint it by all means. It's an eyesore for crying out loud. I've seen really good paint job on an old car. But, I think it is good to avoid shops without a paint booth. You know, those guys painting by the roadside. Lol

Anyway, you can see samples of the finished product. On the spot, you are able to judge how good the paint job is. Best practice is to visit a few of them and decide.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I've yet to see paintwork done aging as well as factory.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I've yet to see paintwork done aging as well as factory.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I wonder if the job done by Alex Restoration is comparable... they charge about 350k for a whole body paint!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    no sense in restoring if the owner doesnt know how to take care of the paint in the first place [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Like this owner? LMAO!

You own a BMW and yet you can't afford a proper paint shop with a booth? Face palm to the 10th power.

All the dusts and debris will stick to the paint like glue and will be laminated with it. Expect it to crack, peel and bubble with all the contamination.

Tsk! Tsk! Nightmare.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I will avoid having my car repainted as much as possible. Almost all paint shops, hindi kayang pantayan ang quality ng factory paint.

Even my friend who actually owns a paint shop advises the same.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the validation. Kahit konti na lang siguro idadagdag ko sa repair and repaint ng passenger door at ng bumpers ko para sa washover, I was having reservations nga na baka hindi makuha yung factory paint.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Like this owner? LMAO!

You own a BMW and yet you can't afford a proper paint shop with a booth? Face palm to the 10th power.

All the dusts and debris will stick to the paint like glue and will be laminated with it. Expect it to crack, peel and bubble with all the contamination.

Tsk! Tsk! Nightmare.
    some of my car's panels were painted like this.
    after several years, they're still ok.
    and i expect them to be still ok after several more years.
    but then, mine weren't black.
    and i don't join beauty contests.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 1st, 2018 at 02:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some of my car's panels were painted like this.
    after several years, they're still ok.
    and i expect them to be still ok after several more years.
    but then, mine weren't black.
    and i don't join beauty contests.
    Might be fine for you with dusts, dog hairs, sands and gravel mixed with the paint (LOL). But, I wouldn't recommend this type of paint work, environment and oblivious to safety to anyone. Not that hard finding a paint shop with a booth with proper safety gears like masks, paint suit and all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast