New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Ano yung mga advantages and disadvantages ng 1.5 lowering spring sa stock ng oto? matagtag ba kung ang shocks stock pa rin gagamitin? mas maraming disadvantages ba pang nagpa lowered?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pro: looks good, car handles better

con: humps, stiffer ride

in general, using stock shocks with lowering springs is not recommended because lowering springs have a higher spring rate so you will feel more bounce than you should. Also the shocks will wear out faster.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    di ba advisable na mag lowered? considering na lubak and mga humps dito sa atin e di maiiwasan. sa 1.5 lowered tolerable pa kaya yon?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, 1.5inch drop is okay but what is your car?

If you are driving a Mazda 323 Familia or 98 Toyota Corolla, even dropping 2 inches is still moderate since the stock suspension height is pretty tall. Over cars like Civic or Sentra, a 1.5 inch is recommended.

As for the potholes and humps, best to measure the clearance under the car rather than measuring the amount of drop.

Example, my car is dropped 2inches but I still can clear all the humps I normally drive over without scratching my underchassis.

as for making running over potholes & humps more tolerable, I suggest using taller tires. So instead of getting series 45, you might prefer getting series 50 or even 55.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    advantages:
    - better handling in corners
    - firmer ride
    - popogi ang auto

disadvantages:
    - tatagtag ang ride (best pair em with gas shocks)
    - takaw sayad (especially cars with long wheelbase)

well yun palang naiisip ko based on experience ;)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    advantages:
    - better handling in corners
    - firmer ride
    - popogi ang auto

disadvantages:
    - tatagtag ang ride (best pair em with gas shocks)
    - takaw sayad (especially cars with long wheelbase)
    I agree lalo na yung takaw sayad kase ang laging sumasayad sa auto ko ay yung unahan yung chassis..heheh...:D
    Mahihirapan ka lalo na kapag ang parking paakyat tipong hanging sinisiyete ko pa para lang hindi sumayad yung auto ko pero sa humps never siyang sumayad kase maliit lang auto ko..heheh..:D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    basta't...wag ka lang puputol ng springs (coils) .

yung tagtag issue naman..siguro, kung gumamit ka lang ng low profile tires..

pero, mas-ok talaga mag-palit ka na rin ng Shocks..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hens,
    okay lang naman magputol..
    wag lang Brabus na springs..hehehehe

having car lowered really depends on the roads you're passing through..
    kung walang lubak and humps.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    ghosthunter, civic lxi ang oto ko with 16 size ng mags with 50 series ng tire...mahihirapan na kaya ako non?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by banjo123
    ghosthunter, civic lxi ang oto ko with 16 size ng mags with 50 series ng tire...mahihirapan na kaya ako non?
    well, basically if you get lowering springs with your 16inch mags and series 50 tires, your car's ride will definitely be stiff.

My car's previous tire size was 195/15/50 because I prefer handling sharpness of series 50 tires. But later, when I worn out my tires, I got series 55 for that margin of comfort. Its still not as comfy as series 60 or 65 though.

If you are willing to accept a stiffer ride from your car... why not?

BTW, I have read somewhere that instead of replacing your springs to lower your car, you can replace the lower suspension arms with an aftermarket version that has the shocks mounting point moved lower, hence giving your car a lowered stance with stock springs and shocks.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 24th, 2004 at 05:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advantage and disadvantage ng lowering spring