New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Good day to all!

recently, i bought an 07 honda civic 1.8V m/t (that's all my budget could afford for now), and i want to replace the current mags sized R15 with 17 inch mags to make it look better (for me). But my budget only tells me that i only have 30-34k+ that is if i'd swap the bnew stock ones(all 5 pcs.) mags and tires with additional money of course. I check on my suki tires and mags shop in binan, and they told me that i can get FEDERAL Tires that can fit 17" for 4,500/pc (too high?).

anyway, are there trustworthy shops that can/may and is eager to give a good swap with my stock ones at at a higher prices. thank you!

any recommendation will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better to sell them via private transaction. Most shops will try to buy lower than they can sell. Try selling them here or at one of the Honda clubs and see if you get a bite.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks sir niky, another question: majority of known civics prefer 18s over 17s. I just got back from evangelista and they were offering me nankang tires w/c fits 17s for 3400/pc.? should i get it or go stick with those federal tires? thanks!

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    sir try to search Full Run tire and Accellera tires I think they are cheaper

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    sir try to search Full Run tire and Accellera tires I think they are cheaper

accellera is higher than nankang yata sir. plus mas reliable ang accellera. may mga history nga daw ng sabog ang nankang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    now the mags. sir lexter. sana mahanapan nu ko makakabili ng 5 pcs hehehe at a good price. sensya na po sa adventure ko sa kapitbahay nabenta .. thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've no experience of Nankang.

The Federal model I tried before, I didn't like. Noisier and tramlined more than my Gajah Tunggal Champiros, wore out faster, and didn't give appreciably more grip. BUT those tires have been phased out already. New ones might be better.

Me and my friends have had good experiences with Gajah Tunggal Champiros. They're a bit noisy as they wear down because the rubber is hard, but they give decent grip and great tread life. But the ones available now in your size are HPZs. Haven't tried these yet.

Haven't tried Nankang or Accelera, but I've heard they're not bad for the price.

Personally, I prefer full-on sports tires in those sizes, but the likes of Eagle F1D3, Potenza Grid III and Neova AD07s are pretty expensive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks again for the suggestions! keep em' coming!

for fellow tsikoteers, i suggest Rota Pque if buying new mags, if coming rom bicutan exit, take a u-turn the head for the east svc road., first street turn right and you'll go inside a village, head for the main factory branch of rota. you have more options and prices may still go down, sabi pa sa kin, if i'd wait baka daw makakuha pa ko ng mas magaganda. prices start at 20,800 up for 17s and 24-25k up for 18s, if ur going for rota and its quality. i'm off for shopping na for tires. sayang din ung modulo spec mags ng honda, 7500/pc nga lang

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks again for the suggestions! keep em' coming!

for fellow tsikoteers, i suggest Rota Pque if buying new mags, if coming from (alabang - makati) bicutan exit, take a u-turn the head for the svc road., first street turn right and you'll go inside a village, head for the main factory branch of rota. you have more options and prices may still go down, sabi pa sa kin, if i'd wait baka daw makakuha pa ko ng mas magaganda. prices start at 20,800 up for 17s and 24-25k up for 18s, if ur going for rota and its quality. i'm off for shopping na for tires. sayang din ung modulo spec mags ng honda, 7500/pc nga lang

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir niky san po kayo nakabili ng GT Radial Tires nyo? , sir IMm29, san din po ung shop sa evangelista thanks!

17 inch dillemma