New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Wheels and tires alone might already exceed P25K.
    GH,

academic-thinking kasi

hindi business-thinking

hindi real world
    Last edited by uls; December 22nd, 2009 at 03:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    GH,

academic-thinking kasi

hindi business-thinking

hindi real world

Even academic, you have to be realistic.

That is why it is so easy to ask other people to build so and so...

I still remember when I tried to advise my boss regarding some business concepts he was proposing (he was also my thesis adviser in college). He said he has the P.H.D.s to "prove" his points. I might be only a fresh college graduate but I already have a lifetime to experience from our family business to have some sound business sense. To make the story short, the business failed due to unsound decisions from the management.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep

it's easy to tell people to build this and that, invest in this and that

di nila pera eh

---

me too, been around capitalists since day one

learned from them to ask the question "what's in it for me?"

"how much will i make?"

"how much can i afford to lose?"

nothing keeps you more in touch with reality than when your own money is at stake every single day

---

Warren Buffett:

rule number 1 - don't lose money

rule number 2 - don't forget rule number 1
    Last edited by uls; December 22nd, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    yes. yung 175cc na Kawasaki goes for 70~80k na. wala pang sidecar.

i'd rather wish for a rugged underbone that costs about the same.
    Blaze/MCX solo bike goes for 25k.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

I still remember when I tried to advise my boss regarding some business concepts he was proposing (he was also my thesis adviser in college). He said he has the P.H.D.s to "prove" his points. I might be only a fresh college graduate but I already have a lifetime to experience from our family business to have some sound business sense. To make the story short, the business failed due to unsound decisions from the management.
    Indeed, it failed because of unsound decisions from the management and not because of his PhD.

Projects and designs should start at the academic level. I think no right thinking entrepreneur will start his business by immediately making an idea/concept into a reality immediately. Then if the idea SEEMS good then, feasibility studies should be done to prove its viability. This is where reality sets in. If its not viable, then look for other options.

Now, if its viable, then go with the business plan and actual execution of the business plan.

The point is, in this forum, we are free to post our ideas with no obligations whatsoever to make it into reality. If someone pick up the idea here that is doable, he can freely do it and make it possible.

For the record, when I post my ideas here, I dont ask or compel you or anyone
    here to make my idea into workable models.

Anyway, I respect your opinion.
    Last edited by jpdm; December 22nd, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Blaze/MCX solo bike goes for 25k.
    Sure... just factor in everything that would differentiate a car from a motorcycle.

It is more than four wheels and doors that makes a car different from a motorcycle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Indeed, it failed because of unsound decisions from the management and not because of his PhD.
    He was the management. He thinks having a PHD attached to his name makes him 100% better than the people working for him.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The point is, in this forum, we are free to post our ideas with no obligations whatsoever to make it into reality. If someone pick up the idea here that is doable, he can freely do it and make it possible.

For the record, when I post my ideas here, I dont ask or compel you or anyone here to make my idea into workable models.
    You post your ideas in a forum and surely someone will comment on them.

If you just want to share your ideas to the world without anyone "needlessly" commenting on it, I suggest you start a blog.

No one is forcing you to stay in tsikot forums.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sure... just factor in everything that would differentiate a car from a motorcycle.

It is more than four wheels and doors that makes a car different from a motorcycle.
    Of course.

Anyway, noted.

He was the management. He thinks having a PHD attached to his name makes him 100% better than the people working for him.
    Thats the problem with him. He should have a DBM not a Doctorate Degree in Philosophy.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    GH,

academic-thinking kasi

hindi business-thinking

hindi real world

Just focus on the idea and not on the person who is sharing it.

Projects and designs should start at the academic level. I think no right thinking entrepreneur will start his business by immediately making an idea/concept into a reality immediately. Then if the idea SEEMS good then, feasibility studies should be done to prove its viability. This is where reality sets in. If its not viable, then look for other options.

Now, if its viable, then go with the business plan and actual execution of the business plan.

For the record, when I post my ideas here, I dont ask or compel you or anyone
    here to make my idea into workable models.

Anyway, I respect your opinion.
    Have you read this?

You post your ideas in a forum and surely someone will comment on them.

If you just want to share your ideas to the world without anyone "needlessly" commenting on it, I suggest you start a blog.

No one is forcing you to stay in tsikot forums.
    Ayos.
    Last edited by jpdm; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:34 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which type of Pinoy vehicle?