New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Amphibian cars fail with civilians because of two things:

-amphibian cars are slow & clumsy on the road.
    -amphibian cars are slow & clumsy in the water.

enough said.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Yah! I agree sana ma phase out na yung design na yun. Actually hindi naman din sa atin nang-galing yung design ng jeepney natin. Sa military vehicle yun ng US nang galing, ginaya lang din. correct me if im wrong pero yan po kasi alam ko.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Amphibian cars fail with civilians because of two things:

-amphibian cars are slow & clumsy on the road.
    -amphibian cars are slow & clumsy in the water.

enough said.
    So... how about we do that "Wild Thornberries" type vehicle we were talking about? All we'll need is a quick-inflation device off of a life-boat (probably recharge it with an engine-run air compressor)... and that driveshaft attached propeller I was suggesting to you the other day.

We'll sell them to the government for 2m each... based on Crosswind XTis. I'll split the 800k profit with you on each unit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    So... how about we do that "Wild Thornberries" type vehicle we were talking about? All we'll need is a quick-inflation device off of a life-boat (probably recharge it with an engine-run air compressor)... and that driveshaft attached propeller I was suggesting to you the other day.

We'll sell them to the government for 2m each... based on Crosswind XTis. I'll split the 800k profit with you on each unit.
    I'd still go with my diesel pickup based version of the solution. Water propulsion can be based around a jetboat drive. Why? less chance of the prop getting tangled with flood debris nor chopping up people who happen to float nearby.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 17th, 2009 at 11:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I'd still go with my diesel pickup based version of the solution. Water propulsion can be based around a jetboat drive. Why? less chance of the prop getting tangled with flood debris nor chopping up people who happen to float nearby.
    Shroud and wire mesh... and if the mesh gets clogged up... stuff the drivetrain in reverse to unclog it.

A pickup WOULD be easier... plenty of low-cost ones to pick frm... Isuzu IPV, Ford's Ranger-based one... Foton...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwimmwagen

The VW Type 128 and 166 Schwimmwagen (literally Floating / Swimming Car) were amphibious all-wheel-drive off-roaders, used extensively by the German Wehrmacht and the Waffen-SS during the Second World War. The Type 166 is the most numerous mass-produced amphibious car in history.
    Last edited by donbuggy; October 17th, 2009 at 10:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shroud and wire mesh... and if the mesh gets clogged up... stuff the drivetrain in reverse to unclog it.
    The prop would have to be mounted away from the body and low enough to work properly in the water. But that would mean the prop would be sitting low and near the road as well. Potential damage if something big is run over by the vehicle, like a rock.

A jet drive keeps all the mechanism tucked away within the vehicle's chassis. The only thing exposed is the jet nozzle and that doesn't have to be underwater to work.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How much HP do you need for the jet? Surplus Jetski parts okay?

Darn it, our cut is getting lower... we can still sell at 2m.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much HP do you need for the jet? Surplus Jetski parts okay?

Darn it, our cut is getting lower... we can still sell at 2m.
    Since we are going to move a big heavy car, it would probably be better to use the water jet from a jetboat. Or twin jetski water jets would be workable.

Jetski jets use 200 to 500cc engines.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Instead of tricyles or owner sana ganito na lang in the near future
    Last edited by jpdm; October 20th, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Which type of Pinoy vehicle?