New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
    I hope the next administration will revive the local auto industry.
    Sad to say, the next administration has more immediate problems on their hands to solve than to artificially sustain a single local automotive company who cannot sustain it's own business in a shifting economic climate.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sad to say, the next administration has more immediate problems on their hands to solve than to artificially sustain a single local automotive company who cannot sustain it's own business in a shifting economic climate.
    He is not talking about a single local auto company.

Its the entire local auto industry i.e. local AUV/PHUV manufacturers including PHUV, Inc., CAMPI, local truck manufacturers, motorcycle manufacturers, FMC, Norkis and hundreds of other local fabricators (bus, truck, OTJ, PUJ, multicabs).

Local manufacturers should be assisted by the government like what other governments in other countries in the world are doing especially in this period of recession.

If the government doesnt have the money at least in terms of policy as what Elizabeth Lee and CAMPI (especially the local assemblers e.g. Isuzu, Toyota, Mitsubishi) emphasized.
    Last edited by jpdm; February 23rd, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Its the entire local auto industry i.e. CAMPI, local truck manufacturers, motorcycle manufacturers, MVPMAP, FMC, Norkis and thousands of other local fabricator.

Local manufacturers should be assisted by the government like what other governments in other countries in the world especially in the period of recession.

If the government doesnt have the money at least in terms of policy as what Elizabeth Lee and CAMPI (especially the local assemblers e.g. Isuzu, Toyota, Mitsubishi) emphasize.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8sHeb2p7tk"]YouTube - The Maharlika Concept[/ame]

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

Its the entire local auto industry i.e. CAMPI, local truck manufacturers, motorcycle manufacturers, MVPMAP, FMC, Norkis and thousands of other local fabricator.

Local manufacturers should be assisted by the government like what other governments in other countries in the world especially in the period of recession.

If the government doesnt have the money at least in terms of policy as what Elizabeth Lee and CAMPI (especially the local assemblers e.g. Isuzu, Toyota, Mitsubishi) emphasize.
    What particular assistance are you talking about? Soft loans? Subsidies? Tax exemptions?

Before those can be dispensed, there are often too many indirect beneficiaries already.

There are no functions relevant to the oversized fenders on the maharlika. Is there really a need for a wider tread?

I mean why use up external space without maximizing interior volume?

There is ample space for batteries and motors along the length of the cabin. Why then is there a need for a hood on this? That's just an aerodynamic nightmare.

Jeepneys will have to be phased out, they are inefficient by function and were never designed to be mass transport vehicles in the first place. Its continued presence on our roads only serves the protracted shortsighted vision of interest groups at the expense of the riding public.

Jeepneys ARE inherently anti-poor and anti-progress by nature.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I hope the PHUV program will be revived through the MVDP's Philippine Brand Vehicles or PBV.

I would like to see locally assembled vehicles with more that 50% local parts running Philippine streets again like Nissan Bida, Toyota Tamaraw FX, Ford Fiera, Cimarron, FMC Anfra, Castro AUV and Carter Masa.

The new Noynoy Aquino administration should push for the revival of the auto assembly parts manufacturing industry in the Philippines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The fastest way to get the PHUV off the ground is simply to get the license to build the old Toyota Tamaraw FX. The vehicle was a good seller back then because it answered a lot of the requirements of the Pinoys.

I think the Tamaraw FX still is a good platform to start the PHUV program rolling. The chassis is also flexible enough to be adapted into other purposes like light pickup truck, medium delivery van, public passenger vehicle, private vehicle, police/troop transport, etc.

Although the T-FX is not an original Pinoy design, it should give the local manufacturers a way to quickly step forward to getting a product to the Filipinos. A vehicle that the Pinoys would actually trust enough to purchase in sufficient volumes.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    The fastest way to get the PHUV off the ground is simply to get the license to build the old Toyota Tamaraw FX. The vehicle was a good seller back then because it answered a lot of the requirements of the Pinoys.
    simply get the license doesn't sound too simple for me...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by robin_micmac View Post
    simply get the license doesn't sound too simple for me...
    Given that we (the Filipinos) do not still have the technology and the manufacturing equipment to make a new vehicle from scratch, wouldn't it be better to get all the experience of making an existing vehicle?

In this way, we also get all the stuff we would need to manufacture new designs in the future.

It is like trying to drive a car across Metro Manila, yet you have to learn how to walk first.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    i understand what you mean and i agree its easier to make vehicles that way..in fact the japs did reverse engineering in the olden days to make cars and other stuff...but do you really think those car giants will just give you the license? you made it sound too simple as if you can just pop into toyota's front door and get it from them..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Living Advocacy: The Tsikot PhUV