Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    pangit nga mga replica... halatang halata... sayang lang pera

Factory Five Racing

Era Replica Automobiles - Makers of the 427, 289FIA, and GT40 replicas

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    *webmiester: did you get in touch with DOST already? they are focusing yata on buses with CNG as fuel

you have a noble cause. doing it alone without sponsors would be difficult. mahirap naman if you have this plans for just 1 unit, lalabas hobbyist lang. better if you can make this a cause ang get the support of government. pag private ang partner mo, baka hindi maging successful kasi puro economic feasibility ang trust

pwede rin, contact a foreign lending institution but make sure you have full control and exclusive rights sa project mo
    CNG is not really in my mind as of the moment. I have yet to find adequate number of CNG refilling stations for practical personal use. Will it cost millions ba to build a car? It will cost millions if we are to build a factory, but not a single car. It may eventually cost like another vehicle, but I don't think we will need a foriegn lending institution to do this.

Government support might never come. You can read about it in other threads. It doesnt exist.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Yeah I like kit cars. I still recall the Filipino guy who made a porsche replics with a beetle engine. I really like it

Now I want something that looks like the G-class with a smaller, more economical engine

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Too bad he isn't around. If I recall, Dprox's car was made from the ground up (secondhand engine chassis, bespoke design), but the metalwork cost him a bit.
    Dprox's Chokaran.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011

what i meant sir is those locally made car replicas.... if we have those kind of replicas i myself might buy one....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Local replicas? we have a shop that makes Cobras, and another that makes Super Sevens.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    You know what? Maganda sana if the PhuV chasis with suspension, and brake system was made available and we could build our bodies on top of that platform. Since wala naman silang nakuhang engine, we can just put our own engine in. Dati a company called centurion did this eh. Pero sa kanila it was only the body and chasis that was available. Maganda if coplete with suspension and brakes natin mabibili, then we can just make the body ourselves

It would mean that our backyard manufacturers will have an affordable, accessible, and safer, brand new chassis and brake system rather than relying on surplus.

If I could get that one, I can build my new car on this platform as well

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    a-toy, you imagine, we create

get a donor vehicle na lang, maybe a pajero or patrol,

a-toy has converted cefiros into bmws etc so your project may be plausible

expect to shell out a good amount of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ecneret View Post
    ^agree. sa cavite dami body fabricators. may nakita pa ko before nakadisplay na for sale na H2 along aguinaldo hi-way...
    Many but not sure if they are still into fabrication. Most fabricators shifted to second hand car dealership.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    If you say that the Gelandewagen is your "inspiration", does that mean that you are open to "creation" and not just "replication"?
    My next question is do you have a background in design and mechanical drawing?
    I am asking this because you will personally need to supervise the fabrication of the body.
    My third question is do you have a knowledge of automechanics -- kahit basic lang.

I designed and built my own semi-boxy way back 2003, inspired by the PUJ and owner type jeeps. It took three months to sketch basic drawings and nine months of supervised fabrication. I scoured Cavite, Quezon, and Laguna for fabricators. The reply from lateros was always the same, ie, they only do PUJs, owners, FXs, Hi-Landers, or Adventure replicas. I discovered later on that they were embarrassed to admit that they did not know how to read working drawings. Our tinsmiths are master sculptors who learned by informal apprenticeship, not by formal education. They have to see what you want built in 3D, and once they know how the surfaces flow and interact, they can execute it perfectly.
    I finally found a shop where the shop-owner, a mechanic, compelled his tinsmith to take the job. Since I designed a vehicle that did not yet exist, I had to sculpt a scale model (full-size is too bulky and expensive) for the latero to appreciate, after which I had to instruct him on how to scale up to full-size. I ended up literally doing full-size drawings on the bare floor.
    The most critical components of the shell are the doors. If I were to assemble a body, I would not trust any local shop with the fabrication of doors, since precision alignment is critical. As a compromise, I will suggest that you get surplus doors of a fairly recent make and free of major repairs. You might need to slightly modify the shape, but it is best not to tamper with basic mechanisms and their internal alignments.
    The parts that you "marry" together are the rolling chassis and the body. Unless you are consulting an auto engineer, I do not recommend assembling a chopsuey chassis from different vehicles. Best to stick to one, like a Terrano or a Pajero if you really want 4x4 performance. The engine+tranny is variable, depending on the amount of power you prefer (more HP means more cost). As with the chassis, it is best to use an engine that already includes the transmission system. If you don't like to tinker, buy the whole lot.
    I would be more than willing to answer further questions -- on one condition: that you create an originally-styled vehicle, not a replica. If so, you can PM me your email ad.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast