New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    s-convention-bikes-large.jpg

Charlotte, Tampa To Get 'Pedal Buses' During Democratic And Republican National Conventions

Apparently a bicycle built for two just wouldn't do.

Fleets of "pedal buses" that seat up to nine will descend on Charlotte and Tampa ahead of the DNC and RNC, offering delegates, media and assorted hangers-on the opportunity to hob-nob while they ride around town.

Health company Humana is providing 20 of the bike buses in each city. (Tampa's convention is August 27-30; Charlotte's event is September 3-6.) The company says that in addition to helping visitors skirt traffic jams, the super-surreys will "track [passengers'] calories burned, carbon offset and miles ridden."

The buses won't be the only pedal-powered option available. Charlotte has launched its B-Cycle program, reports The New York Times, with 200 bikes available at 20 centrally-located stations.

Meanwhile, here's another look at the bike buses, which Humana hopes will make a splash on Twitter: Renderings show the hashtag #Freewheelin on the side of the vehicles.

Charlotte, Tampa To Get 'Pedal Buses' During Democratic And Republican National Conventions

Alot better than this ugly pedicab from Las Pinas...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-08-07t041440z_774925600_gm2e8870xx901_rtrmadp_3_philippines-floods.jpg  
    Last edited by jpdm; August 15th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The beer bike is better.

:cheers2:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Obviously the guy who did the computer rendition doesn't ride a bike....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I wonder if that can pass through neck deep floods....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not the kind of vehicle you want to seriously RIDE in when you are going somewhere.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

8. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Why don't they inventing a public amphibious transport?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    What comes into my mind first is lifted pickup truck with snorkel. Then I saw the picture, a bicycle inspired... uh, what do you call that?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxlam View Post
    What comes into my mind first is lifted pickup truck with snorkel. Then I saw the picture, a bicycle inspired... uh, what do you call that?
    your imagination? show some pics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Vehicles for Flood (Baha) Prone Philippines Thread