New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Kung ang British cousin of the PUJ is the Land Rover Series I, ang pinsan naman ng OTJ is the Mini Moke. British-designed civilian vehicle inspired by the Willys.
    For history, click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Moke
    From the standpoint of design, pwedeng-pwedeng ampunin yan dito sa Pinas, using the OTJ skeleton. Konting improvements lang para pwede sa rainy season.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sad to say... not all OTJ's are 4wheel drive. But in Bukidnon 4x4 OTJ drivers dare be on the front then FJ40's follow. :lol:
    Last edited by drey; May 17th, 2007 at 12:12 PM.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Here's an old news clipping on what Senator/Mayor-elect Fred Lim says about OTJs:

Sen. Alfredo Lim made sense when he suggested that the government sell all its luxury vehicles to raise badly needed funds. The suggestion of the former top policeman, NBI chief and Manila mayor that government officials should consider going to work on owner-type jeeps should not be taken as a joke.
    A reliable owner-type jeep sells for as low as P80,000 while the SUVs that our government officials and their bodyguards love to use cost upwards of P2 million apiece.
    Lim also shot holes at the argument that officials on owner-type jeeps would be very vulnerable to assassination attempts when he said that it’s much easier to jump off or return fire from a jeep than from an SUV or a car.
    What Lim wants to impress on government is that there is no monopoly of ideas on how the government could save money. Yes, the government needs to save and scrape the bottom of the barrel first before thinking of slapping us ordinary people and barely-struggling corporations with more taxes.

[ http://www.manilatimes.net/national/...40906opi8.html ]

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    *oyil

double clutching?
    I think that was heel-and-toe tama ba?

This thread make me miss my owner type jeep that was sold in 2003 so far happy naman daw ang current owner ngayon which is from Nueva Ecija minsan minsan nakikita pa raw ng tito ko yugn jeep how I wish to see that jeep again, I was the only student in Mapua before to drive a jeep to school kaya nakilala ako kaagad ng parking boys du'n sa may McDo, same thing in Makati, I was the only guy driving that clunk in to the school yard.

In that jeep I learned to drive and I learned mechanic work, I did the overhauling in it's engine which is a Toyota 4k, it's refreshing to see an owner type jeep once again...

Makes me think of having an owner type jeep instead than a big bike hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    Here's an old news clipping on what Senator/Mayor-elect Fred Lim says about OTJs:

Sen. Alfredo Lim made sense when he suggested that the government sell all its luxury vehicles to raise badly needed funds. The suggestion of the former top policeman, NBI chief and Manila mayor that government officials should consider going to work on owner-type jeeps should not be taken as a joke.
    A reliable owner-type jeep sells for as low as P80,000 while the SUVs that our government officials and their bodyguards love to use cost upwards of P2 million apiece.
    Lim also shot holes at the argument that officials on owner-type jeeps would be very vulnerable to assassination attempts when he said that it’s much easier to jump off or return fire from a jeep than from an SUV or a car.
    What Lim wants to impress on government is that there is no monopoly of ideas on how the government could save money. Yes, the government needs to save and scrape the bottom of the barrel first before thinking of slapping us ordinary people and barely-struggling corporations with more taxes.

[ http://www.manilatimes.net/national/...40906opi8.html ]
    this is relatively a good article... Lets try asking Alfredo Lim if he wants OTJ Prototypes for his body guards...
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    A design challenge is : How would you design an OTJ for the Mayor of Manila and his staff & security entourage? Can you imagine that? But that should be in another thread, with another design core group siguro (para matapos na yung PhUV natin, no?!) -- yung mga tsikoteers na medyo expert sa OTJ. Meron ba?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    Wow, oz - that OTJ is one clean, cool, dirty, hot ride! No wonder napatahimik ang mga viewers.
    Where was it assembled?
    Nakakatuksong magdesign ng stylized shell for all that power.
    Teka - kung grupotoyota yan, bakit parang Nissan ata yung engine?
    Just curious.
    Last edited by dprox; May 31st, 2007 at 08:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    A design challenge is : How would you design an OTJ for the Mayor of Manila and his staff & security entourage? Can you imagine that? But that should be in another thread, with another design core group siguro (para matapos na yung PhUV natin, no?!) -- yung mga tsikoteers na medyo expert sa OTJ. Meron ba?
    I think they are better off at having the AMC Hammer for such purposes, do'n pa lang makakasave na sila...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    I think they are better off at having the AMC Hammer for such purposes, do'n pa lang makakasave na sila...
    the AMC Hammer is big... Plus you dont need 4WD in the city... Owner Type Jeeps with 21st century mechanics will do well.
    iam3739.com

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Documentation on "OWNER TYPE JEEP"