New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ang ganda ng design nyo sir ehnriko.
    Smile. Sa pag search ko sa internet, I have found this site of 3-wheeler. This 3-wheeler vehicle is going around the world starting last june 2007 to promote global warming alternatives. It runs on solar-electric power. One single charge has a distance of 200km. Uphill speed is 60kph. I don't know if it will drop by the Philippines. Sa nakita ko, hindi pwedeng maliitin ang 3-wheeler design.
    Kung bigyan ka kaya ng 100,000 pesos na budget para dito sa 3-wheeler car, mabuo kaya ito ng pinoy? I don't know how to attached the pictures of mentioned vehicle. Will somebody help me? Thanks in advance.
    Ang site niya ay www.solartaxi.com
    Last edited by dprox; July 24th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This is the picture. I hope I get it right. Sori po kung mali.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    *ehnriko,

Any details re the front - headlights, bumper design, etc.? Also, what about the interior?

I have actually convinced one of my junior business partners to consider buying the Trima, too.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *ehnriko,

Any details re the front - headlights, bumper design, etc.? Also, what about the interior?

I have actually convinced one of my junior business partners to consider buying the Trima, too.
    Hi Architect;Trima prototype will be ready anytime next year 3rd quarter pa siguro... Godwilling.Front will be looking like any other normal car... we dont want it to look too futuristic. I believe the word is conspicuous. Headlamps - projector lamps HID is considered since this is a hi-speed vehicle. Front bumper is energy absorbing and is mounted to the subframe with collapsible brackets.I am still busy here up to December... I have to be there to directly supervise the vehicle construction. GTX and Trima v1.1 will be constructed simultaneously.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I just found a site where 3 wheels concept was fully explained. It was done by a canadian, Pierre Ethier. Is it possible to use this as pinoy 3-wheel reference design? Attached is the picture and can be found on www.pierre.ethier*clevislauzon.qc.ca

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ilawod View Post
    I just found a site where 3 wheels concept was fully explained. It was done by a canadian, Pierre Ethier. Is it possible to use this as pinoy 3-wheel reference design? Attached is the picture and can be found on www.pierre.ethier*clevislauzon.qc.ca
    anything is possible but the picture seems to assume the car would be FWD?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *sir ghosthunter

It is fwd. I am sorry mali ang link na naisulat ko . This should be it.
    http://www.clevislauzon.qc.ca/Profes.../3wheels/index.
    From mr. ethier comments, fwd is good for commuting and rwd is for sports.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think it has something to do with the type of engine in the three-wheeler. A fwd layout can have a car engine which will be better for everyday driving, especially in stop-and-go traffic. This is because a car engine's torque will peak at lower revs compared to a motorcycle engine. Other advantages of using a car engine: easier to install air-conditioning, reverse gear, less noise.

The 1983-1985 Trihawk is a three-wheeler with a Citroen engine.
    http://www.designmassif.com/trihawk/index.html

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ilawod View Post
    Ang ganda ng design nyo sir ehnriko.
    Smile. Sa pag search ko sa internet, I have found this site of 3-wheeler. This 3-wheeler vehicle is going around the world starting last june 2007 to promote global warming alternatives. It runs on solar-electric power. One single charge has a distance of 200km. Uphill speed is 60kph. I don't know if it will drop by the Philippines. Sa nakita ko, hindi pwedeng maliitin ang 3-wheeler design.
    Kung bigyan ka kaya ng 100,000 pesos na budget para dito sa 3-wheeler car, mabuo kaya ito ng pinoy? I don't know how to attached the pictures of mentioned vehicle. Will somebody help me? Thanks in advance.
    Ang site niya ay www.solartaxi.com
    Thank you very much for the compliment! regarding 3-wheeler cars - this is nothing new... the design dates back from the 1950's... in fact the first automobile was a steam powered 3 wheeler - trike configuration by Mercedes Benz.Then there is the Morgan from England - powered by a 2 cylinder engine in the front and it's a rear wheel drive config lay out with 2 wheels up front. In the 1980's - a kit car was introduced sharing the same wheel lay-out... they used a VW platform, with the front suspension of the VW Beetle upfront - they didn't find any difficulty converting the rear end and adopting a the Rear half of a Big bike Motor - it was called the TRI-MAGNUM. The problem was it didn't became so popular - although it was featured in Popular Science a few times... perhaps because of the limitations of the VW front Wheel Geometry... it's hard to adjust the cambers. I raced VW's for years in Slalom Racing.... (refer to my racing stories - http://cvwci.bravehost.com/Purplebug.html)The problem I had was always the understeering traits of the beetle. I managed to conquer it later on by modifying the wheels and suspensions, but - it was still handicapped compared to the negative camber settings of the toyota Starlets. Using a small scooter as the prime mover and donor bike, and some parts from the surplasan to compose the front end.... it will be a really tricky challenge to put up one with P100K budget. Unless, you can source most of your parts from the junk... which we apparently donot have. since the foreign junks are considered surplus in our local setting.Using a 4 stroke motorcycle engine with modified flywheel and modified cooling system can relatively be a environmentally friendly solution. I would also recommend using NewOil... I have tested this myself, mixing it with your engine oil and treating your intake system with this NewOil can dramatically lower the NoX emmission of any ICE engine. It also can significantly increase the compressions back to new levels as if your engine has been newly overhauled. Since it cleans the carbon deposits that sits in the valve seals, the engine regains fuller combustion of it's fuel. I have been using this for more than 15 years already in all my cars, even with my China made compressors that were always overheating before it was treated. But this is the secret why malakas ang loob kong gumamit ng MC engines for the TRIMA. .. I have compensating elements that is not commonly used yet but is highly efficient for industrial applications.Regarding Solar power.... mainly - you can solar power anything whatsoever... but the over-all vehicle dynamics will determine the over-all performance of the vehicle. Power to weight Ratios will play a big role here. If you can get the actual power rating of the engine from a dynanometer and divide it with the total weight of the vehicle... you can get how much HP is alocated per kilogram. The higher power per kilogram - the better for your mileage - whether solar, electric, diesel, ethanol, hydrogen or gas powered.If the vehicle has a dynamic design in terms of materials used, weight and balast engineering, aerodynamics, wheel size selection and correct gear ratios if not cvt is used, then - any power system will be fine, even hybrid.I hope this sheds more light...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *sir ehnriko
    Is NewOil an additive? I have googled NewOil and I have found a drilling liquid additive. I have seen this additive when I was working in drilling rigs 7 years ago. Is this the one you mentioned? Kindly enlightened us. I hope it is available in the Philippines. Is this possible in diesel driven vehicle? They also have an additive for diesel fuel to lessen pollution. I don't remember the name at the moment.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
3 Wheelers