New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    At 1.1 bars the boiling point of water is 102C. If by any chance your radiator finds itself having a hard time keeping you below 96C, the high pressure cap is the least of your concerns. Don't strain your system any further.

And seriously, radiator "overhauling" is really a bandaid for light vehicles. There are a host of cheap radiators you can get nowadays. Get a new one. Don't skimp. An engine overhaul is just one overheating incident away from ruining your month.
    And yes, for the record I do understand na why I should not go 1.1 cap for now.

Thanks for clarifying.

Since marami pang weak points sa system like old radiator hose, overhauled radiator, etc.

I understand 0.9 cap is optimal for now.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Nope you won't. If by the time you even reach the boiling point using a waterless coolant, your engine would have long shut itself off.

And since you really don't have air, assuming your cooling system is properly primed, there would be no cavitation issues for the pump to deal with.

Attachment 23161
    have you tried and tested what you mentioned?

yeah tell your science to all the automotive engineers. this might be a breakthrough, vitch
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; September 28th, 2014 at 06:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    have you tried and tested what you mentioned?

yeah tell your science to all the automotive engineers. this might be a breakthrough, vitch
    Yes. Jay Leno uses the same solution for his collection as they do a great job for maintenance free corrosion inhibition.

Don't need to. They already know it.

But waterless coolants are expensive and it doesn't give them return business for preventive maintenance. So it depends on what you want to achieve.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Yes. Jay Leno uses the same solution for his collection as they do a great job for maintenance free corrosion inhibition.

Don't need to. They already know it.

But waterless coolants are expensive and it doesn't give them return business for preventive maintenance. So it depends on what you want to achieve.

wow, i was amazed and counting on another filipino genius like yourself to have discovered a breakthrough just like what i thought you insinuated was a discovery. turns out to be a previously known product.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; September 28th, 2014 at 07:47 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    wow, i was amazed and counting on another filipino genius like yourself to have discovered a breakthrough just like what i thought you insinuated was a discovery. turns out to be a previously known product.
    Thank you, glad we can contribute to your wonderment. Fortunately enough, we can't account for every nitwit's malicious imagination. ;)

Previously mentioned here:
    http://tsikot.com/forums/aircon-temp...ml#post2211758

In case you're missing the point, the use of waterless coolants are more prevalent in extreme applications. The economics of efficiencies differ across segments. For large diesel engines its a matter of increasing efficiency and extending engine life. For cars its mostly for preservation.

And if you were to ask the obvious again, yes we work with waterless coolants regularly. This is industry insight meant to aid people who are asking not people trying to know it all. So try not to get too touchy about this matter.
    Last edited by EVO-V; September 28th, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Natanggal yung Rad Cap that resulted to my radiator to loss all its content and resulting to overheat. I put about 8liters of water muna as i still have to check responses either to bring my ride to a mechanic before replacing coolant. Initially replaced the cap and check this morning and still ok. My concern is if its ok to replaced my radiator with coolant and not anymore bother to bring it to a mechanic? TIA.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gian Paulo View Post
    Natanggal yung Rad Cap that resulted to my radiator to loss all its content and resulting to overheat. I put about 8liters of water muna as i still have to check responses either to bring my ride to a mechanic before replacing coolant. Initially replaced the cap and check this morning and still ok. My concern is if its ok to replaced my radiator with coolant and not anymore bother to bring it to a mechanic? TIA.
    if i were me, i'd have replaced the liquid with the proper coolant mix already. why replace it with plain water first, and then... wait for what?
    your mechanic will probably say the same thing.."observe the car".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Yet Another Radiator Cap Pressure