New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    BTT:

Aside from getting good tints, try to check your Aircon if its working properly. The quality of refrigerant can also be a factor. The difference of the cooling is almost night and day. Parang brand new car yung lamig.

Just for reference, on my mom's car with ordinary tints, no problem kahit bilad. It can cool down the cabin in a few minutes. This car was recently serviced sa casa using original freon. While on my car, AC was serviced sa Banawe using ordinary freon, its cold but not frigging cold.
    original freon? ordinary freon? are there such things?
    but i do believe in an honest full charge and a half-charge..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^dr.d., yuo the freon is a factor. iirc, the good frein is made in EU Eufron ang brand. There are cheaper alternative which is almost 35% cheaper china made.

But the later is not that good when it comes to cooling efficiency. All type of refrigerant may china and may eu.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    ^^^dr.d., yuo the freon is a factor. iirc, the good frein is made in EU Eufron ang brand. There are cheaper alternative which is almost 35% cheaper china made.

But the later is not that good when it comes to cooling efficiency. All type of refrigerant may china and may eu.

i am wondering... are we talking of the molecular composition of the freon molecule, or are we talking of the purity of the product?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Not really molecular Dr.d. but more of the purity inside the container.

Parang sa sabon, may chalk. Heheheh.

Kaya sa umpisa malamig siya in a few more months oahina ng oahina and parang yung freon eh nauubos.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ah so!
    reagent grade versus technical grade..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    original freon? ordinary freon? are there such things?
    but i do believe in an honest full charge and a half-charge..
    Ah yes. The dealership uses better quality na refrigerant compared sa mga ordinary aircon shops.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Scorching heat inside the car