New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I purchased red line water wetter during the last transshow in mega mall.

Cost 470 pesos, show price.

My Venture's temp goes up higher than I like. It creeps to half just past 1/2 on long uphill climbs or after getting stuck in traffic after a long highway run. I had the radiator Lavramoned last April 2008. Put in a fresh 50/50 mix of water and coolant. It helped a little. Temp maxed out at 1/2. I was still not happy.

Saw the water wetter and bought it. The lady that sold it to me insisted I use pure distilled watter with it. I read their documentation and it seems that water wetter is more effective when used this way. However, it is perfectly safe to use with coolant. So not wanting to waste fresh coolant, I dumped the entire bottle into my reserviour.

Note, it comes in 12 ounce bottles. They recommend 1 ounce of water wetter per liter of water in the cooling system. My car's cooling system is a little over 11 liters. And I have a huge reserviour so I was able to just put it in. If you have a samller expansion tank, or want to put it directly inside the radiator, you may have to remove some coolant.

Used it for a few weeks and about 600 kms. My temp guage has not reached 1/2 since i used it. Hignest it reached it one line below 1/2. I estimate each line in my temp guage to be about 3.5C give or take. This is spot on with the manufacturers claim. Route is the same. However, weather is different. Summer is over and its now raining a lot. So I'm not sure if weather has an effect. I'm very happy with this product. It seems to have solved my problem and would use it again. Maybe try it with pure distilled water.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_c...ubCategoryID=4
    Last edited by userfriendly; May 24th, 2008 at 08:12 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmm havent heard about this product yet... siguro kung time to drain the radiator na ulit, ill take a look at it... do they have smaller bottles? like mga 5 ounces lang?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    one size only

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sorry for the shameless plug but RP's purple ice is available too. 16 oz container and similar to redlines product

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pag napanis na ang 'glycol mix' ko change narin ako sa 'surfactant' parang mas matipid pa ata especially if distilled water lang ang mix.

Magkano kaya yung Purple Ice ng RP.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I might have written the review too early. last night my emp guage creeped to 1/2 again. 3 times driving from Lipa to Manila. Each time I was able to get the temp back in the normal by turning on the heater for a few mins.

Ano kaya ang problema? No detectable leaks, coolant level is ok, t-stat was tested last April 2008 and it was fine. Was not able to check the fans, will see next time i drive this car.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If it's been raining lately the moisture traps a good amount of heat so your car might have difficulty removing the excess heat.

If it's any consolation, temp gauges of MB's fluctuate. Sometimes it's around 82-85C, sometimes it's around 90C, sometimes it's up to 100C but as long as it cools down once you get going you should be fine. If you're stuck in traffic and the temp keeps rising, then you have something wrong, but if it remains constant, then you should not worry about it.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Mbeige. You may be right. Its just I'm OC about engine temps. I get freaked out when I see the pointer going up to 1/2. I'll just keep an eye on it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have you checked the radiator itself? might be clogged. baka time to have a lavramon type service done to it.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    have you checked the radiator itself? might be clogged. baka time to have a lavramon type service done to it.
    Here's my cooling systems history
    April 2006 replace 50/50 mix of coolant
    Aug 2006 stupidlly fell for a gas saving device messed up my car
    Nov 2006 removed fuel saving device and replaced upper rad hose car normal again
    April 2007 replaced rad cap and coolant sensor (thermoswitch)
    May 2007 solder fan connector poor contact causing fans to run weird
    April 2008 lavramon done bec car running hot during uphill climbs. t-stat checked and found to be good. New 50/50 mix put in.
    May 2008 add redline water wetter

Throughout all this time, I have needed to add a little coolant every few months. No leaks detected. No sign of oil in coolant. No coolant smell from exhaust or from engine oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Red Line Water wetter user review