New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Baka kailangan na din magpalit ng thermostat and thermoswitch?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    What’s the normal coolant temperature? I’m getting 97c to 104c during stop and go traffic at 12 noon. Nag max ako ng 110c during uphill pero my temp gauge never moved beyond 1/2.

Reliable ba tong coolant temperature reading from obd port or mas reliable yung gauge?
    ano nga ba ang normal temp ng coolant dito sa atin?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ano nga ba ang normal temp ng coolant dito sa atin?
    If I'm not mistaken, it should be above the normal boiling point of water. That is the reason why radiator cap has a pressure rating. If you pressurized the water, the boiling point also increases. The higher the temperature of the jacket water, the higher is the thermal efficiency.

This is not to say that it should go all the way up and it should perform better. There are material limits and other factors to consider.

I just don't know why this is not followed for large engines, for example, engines with piston diameter of 900 mm. Usual jacket water temperature is maintained between 80 - 85 degrees Celsius.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ how about on 2 liter gas engines? My car averages something like 90c according to my obd2 reader

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ how about on 2 liter gas engines? My car averages something like 90c according to my obd2 reader

I believe that is within the normal range. However, please take my word with a grain of salt. I'm not an automotive engineer but an ordinary employee who finds time in reading.

There are guys here who mentioned about PV=mRT with KJ/kg thing, I think they are more competent to give a better answer to your question.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ thanks bro.

I haven't tried it on our diesel rig yet. Will do it soon

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I'd say go with OEM.

I'm sure there's a good reason why car makers use plastic on the radiators.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Radiator Problem: Repair, Fabricate, or replace with OEM?