New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    yup, maybe that only cost you to fry your manifolds or gaskets

goodluck sir
    Thanks sir! My car is running good now, I replaced my stock radiator which is a disposable one with a fabricated tanso from that shop in Evangelista (Mhon's Radiator Shop) they gave me a good deal. Talk to Adam when you need to get a service from that place. He'll give you a no BS answer. I went there I think it was about 7am in the morning and there were 2 Mitsubishi Pajero in line for repair as well. According to my friend that shop is the first ever radiator shop in Evangelista.. I really don't know if it's true but they were fast with their service.. It only took them not more than 30mins to replace my radiator.

I don't think I made a damage on my car's engine, hopefully... But I'll be having my oil changed maybe next week and have my engine checked at the same time... as they say if your car overheated then it means you need to change the oil too once you fixed the problem.

For all thanks for the advise and while searching for an old thread I came up with this procedures when you overheat... I'll just re-post it for the sake of some who might stumble with the same problem like mine.

===========================

1. Pull over somewhere safe and turn off engine. Engine produces more heat during idle... thats why radiator fan kicks in.

2. Do not pour water... warping happens when theres sudden change in temperature. Let it cool by it selsf.

3. Turn-off the engine and then put the key to "start", pero wag "ignition". This will turn "on" the cooling fan but not the engine itself.

4. Wait for the fan to cool the engine a bit. Picture taking ka muna kung may camera phone ehehe.

5. After some time open the radiator cap (see that there's no longer any steam). Do that, but be careful. You dont want your skin looking like plastic.

6. Once you've done 5 successfully, start the engine and pour water inside the radiator. Or vice versa. you can fill the radiator first (if its empty or very low).

The container is just a reservoir. Its no where near the capacity thats in your engine.

--This is the proper procedure I know how to do.

<Posted by: 16-Driver>
    =============================

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I called in Honda Manila to ask how much a radiator cost and it's a staggering 25k!!! and their after market radiator cost 10k... wow!

now my question is.. is it okay to use the tanso radiator for my civic?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^we're in the same dilemma but i'm going for the locally produced evercool radiators. matibay at maganda track record niyan although mas mura iyong mga taiwanese brand. iyon nga lang wala ata silang single row models kaya mapapa-upgrade ka agad sa two row rads

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^we're in the same dilemma but i'm going for the locally produced evercool radiators. matibay at maganda track record niyan although mas mura iyong mga taiwanese brand. iyon nga lang wala ata silang single row models kaya mapapa-upgrade ka agad sa two row rads
    Agree here!

Just recently bought an evercool radiator for my corolla. Maganda at matibay. Although alot more expensive that imported brands,indeed sa track record nya (also used an evercool radiator for hilander)ayos siya kumpara sa ibang brand.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    How much did you pay for the evercool brand? I just bought a fabricated one made by the shop and its doing good... I paid 4,5k for it... do you guys think it's all worth it?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^just bought an evercool rad yesterday for our ek vtec '96 for P5.4k.

since i'm going to be replacing my radiator hopefully by today, anyone here knows approximately how much coolant/distilled water is needed to fill the whole cooling system of a civic vti?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i've been looking at the radiator (the one currently installed & the new one) and i've begun toying w/ the idea of replacing the rad myself. and it looks manageable enough. any special precaution if ever i diy it?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i've been looking at the radiator (the one currently installed & the new one) and i've begun toying w/ the idea of replacing the rad myself. and it looks manageable enough. any special precaution if ever i diy it?

just make sure when you clip back tightly the hose of your rad. and make sure there's no leak on your new rad before you install it...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^thanks for the advice.

it took me about 2 hours to replace the rad. nakakapagod pala kasi ang hirap hatakin nung mga hose sa lumang radiator. humingi pa ko ng tulong sa pintor namin dito medyo mas makapal ng konti iyong evercool talaga. pero not that much naman space eater

all in all, it looks great & everything seems to be fine. will do some more observation in the following days

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nogz View Post
    How much did you pay for the evercool brand? I just bought a fabricated one made by the shop and its doing good... I paid 4,5k for it... do you guys think it's all worth it?
    4.5k for a fabricated tanso top radiator???u got owned by the shop bro,epic owned u should've purchased an oem plastic top surplus rad..oem is oem..plastic top radiator is still good for me,there is a reason why it is plastic so when you overheat the plastic top cracks first and therefor not damaging the parts of ur engine,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Radiator Problem with my Civic '99 VTi