New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I was driving around not knowing there's nothing left on my coolant reservoir and then I felt my engine is losing power then I had a glimpse of my thermostat I'm on the redline zone so I stop the engine but it won't start again until after a few minutes of cooling it down. I placed in new coolant and water but it went dry again then I saw a steam coming out from my upper part of my radiator (stock radiator with plastic upper) but I had to keep on driving since I'm in the middle of the highway I heard a soft knock from the hood then I had to stop for a while then went on to my driving coz I need to be in the office.

So my question is what kind of problem I caused my car by pushing it to run and can this be fixed (I have a plastic upper)? And is there a shop you can recommend in Makati area? And how much do you think it will cause for me to repair it?

Thank you for all who will help me out here... I'm a noob for this type of things that's why I joined this forum to get the expert's advise... so anyone's help, opinion and info about this will be much appreciated. Thank you sooooo much!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    maybe you did burn all of the internal structure of your car's engine. have it check asap. try speedyfix in shaw blvd or shops in evangelista makati(never been there). wag sa rapide

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    maybe you did burn all of the internal structure of your car's engine. have it check asap. try speedyfix in shaw blvd or shops in evangelista makati(never been there). wag sa rapide
    When I tried to drive it again didn't hear any knocking sound again... Hopefully that's not the case I'm thinking of Evangelista but I don't know which shop is the best and doesn't charge that much

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    like what bro aejhayl17 said, you may have done more damage than the initial over heating problem. have it checked asap. at ulitin ko na lang din huwag sa shop na na-mention sa itaas.

speedyfix is an ok shop. unfortunately, i likewise have no idea of the competence & affordability of the shops located along evengelista

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    like what bro aejhayl17 said, you may have done more damage than the initial over heating problem. have it checked asap. at ulitin ko na lang din huwag sa shop na na-mention sa itaas.

speedyfix is an ok shop. unfortunately, i likewise have no idea of the competence & affordability of the shops located along evengelista
    Now that you guys mentioned the thing about my engine I want to bring it to Honda Manila pero baka mapatambling ako sa presyo nung repair for the radiator and I know they won't repair it but they will for sure replace it instead. Plus they need to see my engine as well...

Thank you for the info. guys... I really appreciate it!

Can anyone give me a good shop in Evangelista? I'm working here in Ayala I don't want to drive that far anymore to have my radiator fixed as a first aid before I take it to Honda Manila to have my engine checked...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What happen to your car is overheating problem .Prolong use of the car can cause damage to your engine thats why it losses power . Better bring it to your nearest radiatior shop just to check your problem in your cooling system.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    What happen to your car is overheating problem .Prolong use of the car can cause damage to your engine thats why it losses power . Better bring it to your nearest radiatior shop just to check your problem in your cooling system.
    Do you think I already made some damaged to my engine? it was just a trip from Buendia (almost taft area) to Ayala Ave with a slight traffic..

By the way I was reading this other thread from here and they mentioned something about engine warping when you pour water while the the engine or radiator is hot. What is engine warping?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nogz View Post
    Do you think I already made some damaged to my engine? it was just a trip from Buendia (almost taft area) to Ayala Ave with a slight traffic..

By the way I was reading this other thread from here and they mentioned something about engine warping when you pour water while the the engine or radiator is hot. What is engine warping?

yup, maybe that only cost you to fry your manifolds or gaskets

goodluck sir

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i've decided to finally replace my leaking radiator. my question is if i'd upgrade to a 2 row radiator, are the advantages for a bone stock '96 ek vti really tangible or will i just be over doing it?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    no need for upgrade. oem will do,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Radiator Problem with my Civic '99 VTi