New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir vin,

Sir miko was right, the clutch we're mentioning is the clutch which holds the radiator fan blades. Try manually rotating the fan with your hands (of course with the engine off), if there is no restriction at all or very minimal, then it is loose already. You might have to recharge it with silicon oil or replace.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    sa experience ko repalcement clutch fan is cheap compared to orig na para sa spefici vehicle pero malayo ang performance nila at itatagal...

mas makapit at accurate yung clutch fan na orig sa pag control ng silicon oil sa loob mechanism, thus mas makapit,, mas makapit clutch fan mas malamig... mas happy ang raditor at condenser...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    sa experience ko repalcement clutch fan is cheap compared to orig na para sa spefici vehicle pero malayo ang performance nila at itatagal...

mas makapit at accurate yung clutch fan na orig sa pag control ng silicon oil sa loob mechanism, thus mas makapit,, mas makapit clutch fan mas malamig... mas happy ang raditor at condenser...
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Sir vin,

Sir miko was right, the clutch we're mentioning is the clutch which holds the radiator fan blades. Try manually rotating the fan with your hands (of course with the engine off), if there is no restriction at all or very minimal, then it is loose already. You might have to recharge it with silicon oil or replace.
    Mga sir im very sorry i was so noob hehe sige sige ill try it later. Next sat ko pa kasi visit yung friend ko na mechanic then ill post the result. Thanks sa mga advice mga sir

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    if the thread starter mentioned he usually checks his coolant level daily, then probably the silicone seating of his radiator cap is probably busted and corroded due to dirty radiator. In other words, it cannot keep the cooling system pressurized thus it loses a lot of coolant, hence, the overheat. IMHO, it is best for him to have his radiator cleaned, his engine block water galley undergo lavramon, change his radiator cap with a new one, recharge his fan clutch with silicone oil and finally a 50:50 or 60:40 distilled H2O-coolant mixture

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vin247 View Post
    Mga sir im very sorry i was so noob hehe sige sige ill try it later. Next sat ko pa kasi visit yung friend ko na mechanic then ill post the result. Thanks sa mga advice mga sir
    walang anu man sir... lahat naman tayo nag simula sa pagiging noob....hahaha...
    ang improtante eh nagtatanung, natututo at nagshare sa iba...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    it is not a smart idea to open your radiator cap daily. the manufacturer never intended for the owner/operator to break the seal every time. there will be a considerable wear and tear on the sealing surfaces between the radiator cap and the radiator neck. no car owners manual tells you to open it on a daily basis. maybe every oil change would be okay. annually, have the antifreeze checked for protection level, pressure test the cooling system and check the other related items like the fan clutch, radiator fan switch and relay, fan belt, etc. follow the vehicle owner's manual service intervals. your intentions are good but the results might be detrimental to the cooling system

7. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    it is not a smart idea to open your radiator cap daily. the manufacturer never intended for the owner/operator to break the seal every time. there will be a considerable wear and tear on the sealing surfaces between the radiator cap and the radiator neck. no car owners manual tells you to open it on a daily basis. maybe every oil change would be okay. annually, have the antifreeze checked for protection level, pressure test the cooling system and check the other related items like the fan clutch, radiator fan switch and relay, fan belt, etc. follow the vehicle owner's manual service intervals. your intentions are good but the results might be detrimental to the cooling system
    Sir Jick i dont have my manual of my Delica 1992 model actually we acquire it last 3 yrs lang so i dont know if where is the owners manual. Anyways thanks sir for reminding and giving tips well appreciated!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir vin,

I did own a Delica 2002 before and I would tell you, not having a manual is not a problem. Given the common 4D56T engine of our Delica's, most technicians are very familiar with it. And I bet given that jurrasic (but very reliable!) engine of Mitsu, in time, you can easily understand its basic maintenance.

I would say, until now, I really miss that truck!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    madumi tap water at madami mga minerals... kaya nga nakalagay sa bottle ng coolant na "use only with de-mineralized or distilled water"
    Tap water is fine unless the turbidity in your area is very high.

Putting distilled water into your loop does nothing as it will become contaminated with the deposits already lining the engine. This is just uninformed anal retentiveness at work.

Just flush the engine properly during prep prior to refiling it with coolant and make sure you're not just sourcing your water from a well and mixing it with your coolant.

If you are still having problems with that practical notion just get pre-mixed coolants.

TS' ride is overheating for a host of reasons, supposing his radiator and adjunct subsystems have no leaks yet he is losing coolant, then the leak isn't one that drips but one that releases vapor.

Make sure that all seals are adequate, from the radiator cap, temp probes, hoses to the overflow tank.

But the fact that the rate of vaporization is so high means that the radiator is already problematic. Have that flushed or have it replaced depending on the level of corrosion.

And depending on the design of the radiator, if it has a plastic tank there's a good chance that micro-fissures have developed along the seal in contact with the header plate causing water loss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123