New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yes, but the coolant component will not evaporate until 179C. So what happens is that the radiator could be clogged, and it will build up pressure and push the coolant through the overflow pipe into the reservoir.

If the pressure is excessive, the reservoir fills up, a pressure cap somewhere pops, and then pushes out the coolant out of the reservoir but doesn't draw anything back in. That can explain the loss in the radiator while having a full reservoir.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Bought a surplus rad cap for 120 pesos. So far, ung dating takbo ko ng mga 10 to 15km na may nababawas na tubig sa rad agad ngayon parang ala na. Puno pa rin nung last na nacheck ko. Tumakbo ako ng mga 50km last saturday, and mukang ok pa din siya. Sana un na makaresolve ng problema ko sa waterloss. Just sharing.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Likely when you opened your cap, you let out air, and then resealed your system.

The radiator overflow is normally the highest point in the loop and it will let air out first and then draw back coolant from the reservoir to replace the volume lost.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014

Habol sa tanung ng nauna nating ka tsikoteer..bro hindi ba tumataas temperature mo nung nag babawas kamu ng tubig ang radiator mo?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Advent 04 View Post

Habol sa tanung ng nauna nating ka tsikoteer..bro hindi ba tumataas temperature mo nung nag babawas kamu ng tubig ang radiator mo?

Nope, di naman tumataas kasi di naman sobra ung bawas sa radiator ko. mga isang basong tubig lang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_celiz09 View Post
    Bought a surplus rad cap for 120 pesos. So far, ung dating takbo ko ng mga 10 to 15km na may nababawas na tubig sa rad agad ngayon parang ala na.
    If that solved your problem, then buy a brand new OEM radiator cap.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    If that solved your problem, then buy a brand new OEM radiator cap.
    I think I'm good with the surplus already.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    A new cap is only P150 or so. I don't get it why you had to buy a surplus cap.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    A new cap is only P150 or so. I don't get it why you had to buy a surplus cap.
    Because the cap I replaced has been just recently replaced. Circuit brand. But I notice that it is not getting water from the reservoir that's why I bought a surplus. I think I can't get a OEM or Denso cap for 150.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The Circuit brand is a rebranded piece of junk from China.

There's a chance the sealing wasn't properly engaged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12