New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This morning, on my way to the office, I noticed a whistling sound sa engine ko so I pulled over. Kita ko na tumatapon ang engine coolant ko so I immediately drove back to my house which is around 15 mins away. Pero on my way home, I turned the engine off and on several times kasi sobrang tumataas ang engine temp. It also came to the point that the temp gauge reached the red line.

After having it checked by my mevhanic, he found out that the lower radiator hose has a leak. I had it replaced right away and acording to him, the engine is running well naman. No signs of damage.

What other things should I check to know if my engine is indeed undamaged? As per my mechanic, one of the signs daw is that the water will overflow sa radiator pag sira ang internal parts. So far ok naman ang water circulation.
    Advice din ni Otep is to change the oil since it may be burnt already due to overheating. I will do this first thing in the morning tomorrow.

What other things should I do/Observe?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kung nagbabawas tubig sa radiator mo that may mean you have a leak sa headgasket.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speedyfix,
    Nakita na po ang culprit. It was because of a leak sa lower hose. Nagaalala po ako ngayon sa condition ng engine ko. How can I be sure that no internal damage occured???

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    hhmmm...kapag bumubulwak na yung tubig sa radiator sira na yung internals ng makina?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Frank,
    Hehe, isa daw un sa symptoms...hehe... Bumubukwak...funny term.

Yung mga gaskets ko kaya kailangan palitan..pls help naman po mga sirs

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi sira ang internals pag bumubulwak ang tubig palabas ng radiator. Either barado ang radiator fins, engine water channels o raidator hose. Pag sira naman ang water pump, hindi iikot o dadaloy ang tubig pag sinilip sa butas ng radiator habang nasa 2000rpm ang makina. Kadalasan may leak ang water pump sa ilalim kung ito ay sira na.

Pwede rin palitan ang cylinder head gasket, karaniwan ito muna ang masisira dahil sa sobrang init ng makina bago pa magwarp ang cylinder head.

Kung may naririnig kang maingay na bakal na nagkikiskisan (mas maingay pa sa tunog ng makina), dun ka na mangamba na nasira ang internals mo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Di ba ang kotse during cold starts, pag binuksan mo radiator cap eh aapaw ang tubig while approaching its normal operating temp.?

Di ba this means that the water pump's doing it's job in circulating the water around the engine and radiator?

Na curious ako sa bumubulwak.....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i wouldn't worry about the condition of your engine just yet. try to drive it and see if nagbabawas coolant mo or if you start overheating again. if this starts happening again then i would suggest having the head gasket replaced, performing a crack test on the head and having it refaced

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ungas,
    Thanks for the very thorough explanation. Hehe, ang lalim ng tagalog ah.

Anyway, I gues my engine's ok since i didnt observe any abnormalities for the past days since the overheating. Thanks for all the help.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sir Speedyfix,

Just want to know kung saan ang shop niyo? I'm planning to bring my car for check-up. thanks

Overheating