New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    kahit na hindi temperature controlled and aux fan.... a gasoline engine will still reach its operating temp
    ( no amount of fan can keep the engine cold)...
    the aux fan here will only aid in pushing cold air through the condenser so that the radiator can still dissipate heat and not lead to overheating... as what TS(board starter) experienced...

as long as a thermostat is installed in a vehicle the "change in fuel economy of a car due to an added auxiliary fan will be miniscule"..
    As a rejoinder, in the case of diesel engines, you would want temps to spike a little running on load or acceleration gives better combustion

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    There are warm up cycles that engines have to go through. The longer the amount of time you spend warming up the more fuel you consume.

On cold days and long idles (supposing you're in Baguio) you would need less thermal rejection to keep your engine running swimmingly.

Also those fans can draw anything form 10A to 30A. Calculate the amount of power you use and that will translate to fuel consumption.

Add the fact that the wear and tear of high draw electric motors will have on your battery.

Costs will, however miniscule they can be -incrementally accrue.

Costs will, however miniscule they can be -incrementally accrue

if the engine is lower than the normal operating temperature, i.e; 180-240 degrees fahrenheit, the electronic controlled transmission will not go to overdrive and there is no lock up mode of the torque converter clutch, the engine operates in open loop (not optimum fuel economy) and the emissions are higher than normal, that is HC and CO emissions. the engine needs more fuel to operate than when it is at normal operating temperatures. the pistons do not expand to their designed size and may have more blowby gases.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    There are warm up cycles that engines have to go through. The longer the amount of time you spend warming up the more fuel you consume.

On cold days and long idles (supposing you're in Baguio) you would need less thermal rejection to keep your engine running swimmingly.

Also those fans can draw anything form 10A to 30A. Calculate the amount of power you use and that will translate to fuel consumption.

Add the fact that the wear and tear of high draw electric motors will have on your battery.

Costs will, however miniscule they can be -incrementally accrue.

do i made a wrong move? making my aux fan automatic ON (both fan) upon key ignition?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If your engine is not running, and your fans are running, then there is obviously a waste of energy.

If your engine doesn't need the cooling, yet your fans are on full, then you are wasting energy.

As a consequence your battery life suffers as does your economy, however, incremental.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post

if the engine is lower than the normal operating temperature, i.e; 180-240 degrees fahrenheit, the electronic controlled transmission will not go to overdrive and there is no lock up mode of the torque converter clutch, the engine operates in open loop (not optimum fuel economy) and the emissions are higher than normal, that is HC and CO emissions. the engine needs more fuel to operate than when it is at normal operating temperatures. the pistons do not expand to their designed size and may have more blowby gases.
    As he said.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    As he said.
    what would i tell to the electrician? ano po yung tama?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by allier022407 View Post
    do i made a wrong move? making my aux fan automatic ON (both fan) upon key ignition?
    bro, ok lang setup mo...just enjoy your ride...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It should be as is, switched on by the thermostat.

If your engine is hot, your fan would turn on as soon as you have your key position turned to ON anyway.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    As a rejoinder, in the case of diesel engines, you would want temps to spike a little running on load or acceleration gives better combustion
    TS vehicle is not a diesel

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post

TS vehicle is not an electronic controlled transmission nor does it have overdrive....Nissan Sentra 95 Series 2 MT...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Overheat