New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ...happens to my Dad's Isuzu Highlander. Walang oil leak (or at least wala kami makita), hindi rin nagbabawas yung oil (and water) at yung takbo nung highlander oks naman, parang walang problem. But everytime we open the radiator cover ang daming oil na nakamix dun sa water. Ano po kaya ang problem? Any recommended talyer na expert on this?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are you sure it's oil, and not rust? Oil does not mix in water. It stays on top and is immiscible.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Are you sure it's oil, and not rust? Oil does not mix in water. It stays on top and is immiscible.
    it sure is oil. and let me correct myself, it's not (literraly) mixed with water but rather, i meant to say there are small amounts of oil in the radiator, together with the water.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Have your cylinder head gasket replaced ASAP. I'm quite sure that's the source of your problem.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    +1 on cylinder head gasket. Get it checked by a reputable shop as soon as possible. baka lumala pa ang problema.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka mag sharon cuneta yan engine.. mag tubig at langis.. pa check mo na agad bago ka pa abutin ng overheat. or baka meron lang portion ng gasket na may leak pa try mo pa check ang higpit ng mga bolts

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    better have the head checked narin by a machine shop kung derecho pa sya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    most likely the headgasket... pop your hood and take a look at it...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    now you're learning....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka naman po coolant lang ... may mga coolant kasi na pag luma na ay parang oil ang tingin natin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Oil in the radiator