New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I had it serviced last summer.

tinanggal ang evaporator for cleaning and leak detection: negative.

condenser ay very dry. no trace of refrigerant/oil leaks. nilinis ko na rin using pressurized water para matanggal ang mga dumi.

ganun din lahat ng rubber hoses and its connections.

ganun din sa compressor.

after the usual cleaning, chinarge na yung freon at presto lumamig. kaso just less than a month of usage (hindi daily use e), namamawis ka sa tanghaling tapat.

the mechanic mentioned something like access valve when i had it serviced. did not replaced any major parts, just the 0-rings and some refrigerant oil. for further observation na lang ang napagdesisyonan naming gawin.

ano kaya problema?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think the mechanic was suggesting you have the service valves checked.. yung pito.. yung kinakabitan ng instrument gauge ng mga aircon checkers at yung pinapasukan ng freon charging..
    kung minsan kasi, yung mga pito mismo ang may slow leak.
    parang pito ng gulong..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    most of the airconditioner system components can be pressure leak tested using the very high tech soap and water solution sprayed to the suspected fitting, seal, hose or condenser. the two components that can not be tested this way are the evaporator and the service valve schrader valves like the doctor suggested. usually, the evaporator would emit an odor similar to that of a horse's droppings at the registers. you can inject a flourescent dye to the system and use a black light (u.v. light) similar to the ones used at the clubs. leaks usually glow if the dye leaked with the refrigerant. in the country, leak testing is more than often done wrong-by removing the evaporator and submerging in a tub of water like a tire. dunking the evaporator test might pass but if the leak was at the fitting or the o-rings of the evaporator or the expansion valve, this test is useless.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    yup....they applied soapy water at all possible leak points. hose fittings. pati rin sa service valve. actually isa lang yung service valve nung A/C ko. the simple cycling clutch type of A/C yung nakakabit. not OEM. after many soapy water applied and no leaks appearing, we decided to bring down the evap. kaso malinis yung evap with regards to oil leaks. the dirt was due to more than a year of exposure to ambient. wala din kasi filter A/C ko. simpleng screen mesh lang.

when the tech pressurized the system to around 230 or 250 psi, i think i saw about less than 10 psi decrease on the gauge in a span of 10 minutes. nung summer pa ito. he told me the system is ok. i am knowledgeable on the basic A/C parts and function but i don't know what is acceptable with regards to that "decrease". so pinabayaan ko na lang.

the service valve if im not mistaken is located at the compressor suction side because i read something like approx. 30 psi when the system was running.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Have you checked the radiator? Di kaya pakonti na ang tubig? Perhaps you can also consider installing an aux fan. What car is this, by the way?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    my cooling system is in tiptop shape. hindi nagbabawas ng tubig. tsaka as much as possible i don't want to check the radiator coolant. baka madali masira yung seal nung cap. i always check the coolant via the reservoir tank.

dati na rin may 80 watts aux fan and still good.

btw, lumang sasakyan ito. mitsubishi mighty max...just ironing out some issues sa A/C bago ko ibenta para wala masabi.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    whatever you do, DO NOT USE A/C LEAK SEALER. this product causes "black death" to the compressor and other components.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Bring it to denso makati. Tried and tested. Baka barado expansion valve

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    whatever you do, DO NOT USE A/C LEAK SEALER. this product causes "black death" to the compressor and other components.
    never been a fan of such products...stick with OEM recommendations ako parati.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Bring it to denso makati. Tried and tested. Baka barado expansion valve
    yan ang malabo...nasa probinsya pala ako. actually, denso certified service center yung pinagpagawan ko last summer. mukhang professional naman kung kumilos at mukhang dika naman lolokohin dahil hindi sya basta basta nagsasabi na palitan ito, palitan yan, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast