New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ADR pala brand nung rad.. napakabit ko na pero pansin ng mechanic ko hindi daw umiikot yung fan not unless bukas ang aircon.. sabi need palitan thermostat at switch. kanina rin paguwi ko from mechanic pansin ko bumaba yung coolant.. nilagyan ko lang ulit. will check later if bumaba nnmn level. mahal po ba thermostat sensor at switch?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    Ano brand name ng local made? Tomsum ba? Evercool ba o iba? Just as both have warranty, in any case if it has a factory defect, they will replace it.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk
    hate to burst your bubble but no, evercool will not replace your radiator.

they can repair it but you will have to go to their factory in laguna.

authorized sellers will also not honor warranty and will claim it was due to improper installation even though sila naglagay.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nashimoto View Post
    ADR pala brand nung rad.. napakabit ko na pero pansin ng mechanic ko hindi daw umiikot yung fan not unless bukas ang aircon.. sabi need palitan thermostat at switch. kanina rin paguwi ko from mechanic pansin ko bumaba yung coolant.. nilagyan ko lang ulit. will check later if bumaba nnmn level. mahal po ba thermostat sensor at switch?
    ADR brand. Replacement yan di ba? Same rin naman ng original na dati mo nakakabit? Before you replace your thermostat valve. Find to check out muna yung thermo switch nya, baka hindi naikabit or loose contact ang connector nito. Me, I usually check my engine running when I have a time. After I washed, I opened up the hood let it run the engine on idle until it warms up and wait till the fans run. I always inspect seeing it the engine run for almost an hour, just to observe the fans runs twice.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    opo replacement po sya and same lang rin sya from the original.. ni dobol check ko with alabang auto parts. yun nga sabi ng mehcanic ko.. switch muna then check if pwede pa linis yung thermostat, if not then replace. diko lang alam where the switch is located.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I think it is time to go to Google University and study the basics of car engine cooling system.
    This is a perfect time to learn and not be duped by the mechanics.

As for the text in bold font, the condenser fan engages/runs only when the AC is turned on (and compressor engages too). So the mechanic maybe right but it does not necessarily mean your car has a problem.

Another fan is the radiator fan which runs only if the thermostat (different from the one inside the car which is for the aircon) senses that the water temp is above the optimum temp.

My advice is observe the radiator fan by letting the engine idle for like 20 minutes or so until the temp gauge shows approximate normal operating temp. If you let the engine idle some more, the thermostat should turn on the radiator fan. If not, then ID the problem by elimination.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think it is time to go to Google University and study the basics of car engine cooling system.
    This is a perfect time to learn and not be duped by the mechanics.

As for the text in bold font, the condenser fan engages/runs only when the AC is turned on (and compressor engages too). So the mechanic maybe right but it does not necessarily mean your car has a problem.

Another fan is the radiator fan which runs only if the thermostat (different from the one inside the car which is for the aircon) senses that the water temp is above the optimum temp.

My advice is observe the radiator fan by letting the engine idle for like 20 minutes or so until the temp gauge shows approximate normal operating temp. If you let the engine idle some more, the thermostat should turn on the radiator fan. If not, then ID the problem by elimination.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ni try na po namin run the engine more than 30 mins and the rad fan didnt spin.. unfortunately for my honda jazz wala temp gauge. iilaw lang yung red indicator sa dash if nag ooverheat na.

when the ac is on both ac fan and rad fan turns on.. yung ac fan laging on, yung rad fan minsan mag off then mag on ulit. hindi nmn ako ni pwersa ng mekanik ko to buy agad.. pero possible the thermostat and the switch ang kailangan palitan. for now the switch ang sabi nya unahin, try daw linisin pa yung thermostat bka ok pa. canvass muna ako switch and thermostat.. for now laging nka aircon muna ako para may mg on rad fan ko. mahirap daw kasi na mainit na yung temp tapos hindi mg on yung fan.

thanks sa inputs.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ni try na po namin run the engine more than 30 mins and the rad fan didnt spin.. unfortunately for my honda jazz wala temp gauge. iilaw lang yung red indicator sa dash if nag ooverheat na.

when the ac is on both ac fan and rad fan turns on.. yung ac fan laging on, yung rad fan minsan mag off then mag on ulit. hindi nmn ako ni pwersa ng mekanik ko to buy agad.. pero possible the thermostat and the switch ang kailangan palitan. for now the switch ang sabi nya unahin, try daw linisin pa yung thermostat bka ok pa. canvass muna ako switch and thermostat.. for now laging nka aircon muna ako para may mg on rad fan ko. mahirap daw kasi na mainit na yung temp tapos hindi mg on yung fan.

thanks sa inputs.
    Modified na ba instrumental panel mo or stock pa rin? I find some difference over the usual normal operation of your cooling system from the others. Second hand owned car ka ba? Let me just share with you some insights from what I have. Ours is a Honda City 99 Lxi model. When engine runs at idle, rad fan would turn on when reaches its peak temp to function, while without reaching its peak temp and turning on your A/C, both fans (radiator and condenser) would function. And it turns off as the A/C compressor disengaged. And turns on again when A/C compressors kicks in to engaged.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    stock parin po yung panel.. 2nd owner po ako, si tita ko orig owner.. and feeling ko hindi naalagaan ng mabuti. almost same rin po function ng cooling system natin, kaso sakin the only time mg function rad fan is kapag bukas aircon. kanina ni try ko ulit idle engine without aircon, hindi po umikot yung fan.. pero once aircon is on ayun mg function na aircon and rad fan.
    honestly never ko naramdaman umikot rad fan kapag walang aircon nung time pinasa sakin yung jazz ng tita ko. so bka nga its time to change the switch and also possible the thermostat.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Try checking some fuses, especially the fuse for the radiator fan.
    Ang thermo switch kasi, para ma-test, if you able to remove it. Submerged mo yung threaded part sensor nya sa boiling/hot water ( needs above 80°c temp to have closed circuit ). Get a multimeter tester (VOM), checked for its continuity in the contact terminal connector. Kung mayroon continuity habang nakababad sa mainit na tubig yung sensor switch, GOOD ang sensor. And +12 voltage supply will apply to the radiator fan motor. Kapag walang continuity, BAD na yung sensor switch. Then let say good ang sensor, at inalis mo na sa mainit na tubig yung sensor, habang lumalamig ang sensor, observe mo habang naka-poke yung tester rod mo sa contact terminal nya. Unti-unti magkaka-reading na tester mo, meaning, may resistance reading na( open circuit = no continuity ). No applied +12 voltage will go to radiator fan motor. Ganyan lang pag-checked diagnose ng thermo-switch. Para bago ka mag-decide bumili ng thermo-switch sensor, kumbisido kana sa resulta kung talagang palitin na o hindi pa. Gumastos ka man sa labor ng mekaniko, let say P500, sa pagtanggal at para ma-test, kung okey pa yung thermoswitch sensor, hindi ka naman mapagastos bumili kagad ng libo na halaga sa pyesa. And you can conclude na, it is not the radiator fan thermo switch sensor is faulty.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Let me add also, yung palang relay ( radiator fan motor relay). Yung sa akin observe ko at naririnig ko ang pag-click nya twing mag-on and off radiator fan, malapit sa aircon blower, underneath my glove compartment box. Di ko lang alam sa modelo ng Jazz mo, kung duon rin located ang relay para sa radiator fan motor ng sa iyo. Pa-checked mo rin relay nya.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast