New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hi mga sir! My 90 rolla is at it again. I think I may have hose leak or radiator leak but help me with your thoughts.

May hissing sound sa driver side then bigla umaakyat temp to half even pag idle lang. Tuloy tuloy sya even kahit di tumatakbo. Drive 5km and almost red line na sa temp.

Nagtop up na ako ng coolant and i checked the pump. Mukang okay naman kasi nung una, reservoir lang ang nilagyan ko ng coolant. Pumasok naman sa radiator.

Please help. TIA

Samsung N9005 powered by Smart posted using tsikot mobile app

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Check regularly your radiator water level kung nababawasan. If so, baka yung hissing sound na nadidinig mo is water dripping on a hot surface, e.g. Engine.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    The hissing sound may indicate water is leaking most especially that you mentioned that you had to refill your reservoir tank. At times the leak is so small that you cannot see the water drop as the heat of the engine evaporates it quickly for you to see it unless you are observing it while the hood is open. Check all your hoses, and radiator (cooling system). There is definitely a leak somewhere.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    nangyari na sakin yan, meron palang singaw sa may bandang intake manifold, hindi lapat yung gasket, pag uminit na yung water lumalabas doon yung singaw parang takure initan ng tubig

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    kapag nilagyan ng coolant madaling ma trace kung may mga leak ang cooling system..kasi hindi siya kaagad natutuyo kagaya ng tubig.
    paandarin mo at painitin saka mo silipin paligid ng makina kung saan dumadaloy ang cooling system mo..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    :detective::detective::detective:

dagdag tanung din sa kasama nating bro tsikoteer tungkol sa hissing at high temp, napansin kodin wala naman tulo o tagas sa mga linya, pero nataas ang temp nya. sa akin kase normal ang guhit nya sa kalahati mag biyahe man ako ng malayo o ma trapik, pero kapag naka park at engine running kapag tumagal ng mahigit kalahati oras e tumataas ang gauge nya tapos kapag binuhusan na ang tangke ng tubig at reservior nya e nababa at nabalik sa normal. napansin ko lalo na ngayong pumasok ang tag araw palagi ganun, pero kapag tag ulan naman odi naman sha sobra init ng panahon e normal naman temp gauge nya. anu ba ere normal laang o may problema sa cooling system? mitsubishi adventure gas nga pala gamit ko..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo21 View Post
    Hi mga sir! My 90 rolla is at it again. I think I may have hose leak or radiator leak but help me with your thoughts.

May hissing sound sa driver side then bigla umaakyat temp to half even pag idle lang. Tuloy tuloy sya even kahit di tumatakbo. Drive 5km and almost red line na sa temp.

Nagtop up na ako ng coolant and i checked the pump. Mukang okay naman kasi nung una, reservoir lang ang nilagyan ko ng coolant. Pumasok naman sa radiator.

Please help. TIA

May hissing sound sa driver side then bigla umaakyat temp to half even pag idle lang

if you hear the hissing sound at the driver side, it might be your brake vacuum booster that is leaking and adding false air (unmetered air into the intake manifold that was undetected by the airflow meter or MAP sensor or the MAF sensor). the added oxygen makes the air/fuel mixture lean and makes the engine temperature high. similar to the oxy/acetylene torch, if you add more oxygen, the flame turns light blue green and the temperature hotter. try disconnecting the vacuum hose to the brake booster and plug it to prevent a larger vacuum leak and to eliminate the possibility that the brake booster was indeed leaking air into the intake manifold

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I give up. Di talaga kame magkta ng leak. Pero at least may idea n ako kung ano nangyayari. Thanks mga pogi!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ano nangyayaro Sir?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo21 View Post
    I give up. Di talaga kame magkta ng leak. Pero at least may idea n ako kung ano nangyayari. Thanks mga pogi!

"rest if you must, but don't you quit"

if you can not find the leak, do a static pressure test on the cooling system. otherwise, you are losing coolant as you drive that does not leave a trace where the potential or possible leak is coming from

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hissing sound and high engine temp