New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    After buying a used Prado I checked if the thermostat was taken out. True enough, tinanggal nga ng mekaniko! Hanggang ngayon madami pa rin naniniwal na dapat kalasin ang thermostat pag nasa Pinas! Comments please!

Ako, I installed an original Toyota stat immediately. Ung pagtanggal ng stat magiging 1/8 nga lagi ang reading sa temp gauge pero mainit na pala ang takbo ng makina!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friend's 96 LXi Civic, did not removed his thermostat, pero for sure palyado na, and what he did is wire his auxilliary fan in such a way that it is always on. After two months of usage, LXi is still running good, and he haven't added water at the reservoir.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    advisable kaya 2 remove thermostat on my 320i? straight sixes are very HOT kasi....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you ask my opinion, its there for a reason... the thermostat makes sure the engine works within a certain temp range... it regulates the temperature by adjusting the coolant/water flow into the engine.

When the engine is old, it doesnt work to spec anymore so peeps remove it... I still prefer to replace it. Soemtimes, the engine may take longer to run to temp also durin cold days and in the mornings, thus affecting efficiency.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is no debate - KEEP THE THERMOSTATS!

Kung saan saan kami nakarating makahanap lang ng thermostat for our Toyota 22R engine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I must agree...i removed the thermostat of my Gen 1 PAJ. Consumption increased...vehicle became a bit sluggish.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Allow me to share my web-derived knowledge:

Removing the thermostat speeds the flow of the coolant through engine and the radiator, and the effect can be somewhat complex. First of all, the engine will have more coolant to heat up during startup, which extends the warmup period, consequently increasing fuel consumption and wear and tear (especially in cold climates) of the engine. Then, as the coolant finally warms up it will have less time to spend in the radiator, thereby decreasing the amount of heat transferred to the radiator fins. The result is that the water returns to the engine hotter than usual. The overall effect would then be extended warmup and a hotter engine coolant temperature, both of which do not really help in prolonging engine life.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    removing the thermostat isn't advisable. just replace it with one of a lower temp para mas maaga bumukas yung fan. if you remove it completely i'm positive iikli yung life ng rad fan mo kasi lagi nga nakabukas.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Actually, the radiator fan is switched on and off from the E.C.T. sending unit via a relay. You can remove the thermostat and the fan is still going to turn on and off depending on the temperature of the engine coolant.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    may thermostat ba yung mga hyundai H100? saan ba makikita yung thermostat?

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
The Great Thermostat Debate [Merged]