New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm having the same problem right now with my hyundai grace, technicians say the culprit is the compressor.

Now, how do I know that the compressor is really malfunctioning?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    done replacing the rear expansion valve but to no avail, ganun parin. my only suspect is the rear evap coil

*derfoj
    i dont think your compressor is the culprit. as Abot_Retry stated, if your front A/C is working well, then the compressor must be working well also since napapalamig nya ang front

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i have another problem naman, iyong rear a/c ko hindi kaagad sumasabay sa harap pag-on. may delay ng mga 5 mins. ano kaya prob?
    hyundai grace po ride? TIA

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dati ba malamig yun rear aircon? if expansion valve ang sira, walang lamig na lalabas sa rear puros hangin lang. the solenoid or shut off valve only shuts off the freon/oil flow sa rear evaporator to prevent freezing of the cooling coils. any difference in the cooling effect either on or off is negligible. kung gusto mong lumamig yan install a separate condenser for the rear aircon. nga lang baka di na kayanin i-pump nun compressor yun added freon and oil.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Dati ba malamig yun rear aircon? if expansion valve ang sira, walang lamig na lalabas sa rear puros hangin lang. the solenoid or shut off valve only shuts off the freon/oil flow sa rear evaporator to prevent freezing of the cooling coils. any difference in the cooling effect either on or off is negligible. kung gusto mong lumamig yan install a separate condenser for the rear aircon. nga lang baka di na kayanin i-pump nun compressor yun added freon and oil.
    In my case, Hyundai Grace already have two condensers still the same thing is happening.

I have brought it to a good ac repair shop (as per the forums here), and they did the following:

1. Cleaning/leak test of two evaporators and testing of compressor.
    2. Change 1 of the two hoses connected to the compressor.
    3. Change drier and 2 expansion valves.
    4. Change some of the fittings.
    5. Cleaning of two condensers via high pressure water.
    6. Cleaning of air ducts on the rear.
    7. New line and switch for the rear motor.
    8. Change from R12 to R134a.

After correctly charging the freon they tested the ac and to my surprise the rear has a lot of wind but no coldness.

They told me that the compressor needs to be changed.
    I thought WTF! They tested the compressor and told me that it was ok and now they are telling me otherwise.

Before I forget, I paid PHP8500 for their service and left the shop very dismayed.

I felt that I did some unnecessary spending that day.

That is why I will try to visit other ac shops just to get their opinion and to avoid spending unnecessarily.

Any information, idea, help and suggestion from fellow tsikoteers will be highly appreciated.

Again TIA.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may thermostat switch ba yun rear aircon?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    may thermostat switch ba yun rear aircon?

Afrasay,

Not sure about that.

Anyway I'll be back tomorrow to their shop to have another check and replacement of expansion valves. Will try to ask them about the rear thermostat switch.

Good part is it will be for free as per the owner.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Nawa'y patnubayan tayo ng MAYKAPAL sa ating paglalakbay.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Afrasay,

The van only has one thermostat.

Anyway, the ac is ok now after replacing the compressor with a new one and after another 18K more or less of spending.

Nawa'y patnubayan tayo ng MAYKAPAL sa ating paglalakbay.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, post din ako prob ko. sana may makatulong.

Recently my rear A/C of adventure loss it's coldness. Culprit was the expansion Valve, so pinalitan ko na. After replacing, everything was fine not until after 2 months...

Problem is this. If the Rear A/C is On/Open, the Front A/C losses it's coldness. Kung closed/Off ang rear A/C, malamig ang Front A/C. The shop here guess and told me na nag-aagawan daw ng Freon/Coldness ang A/C, and HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!!

EVaporator is Free from leaks Drier is fine.

Help naman...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kulang sa freon yan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
front A/C is cooler than the rear