New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think its your ATF that heats up. One of my cars have exactly the same symptoms. Temp goes up when going up hill and cools down when going down hill.

My mechanic a former casa supervisor diagnosed it as the ATF heating up just check your ATF regularly and make sure it does not smell burnt.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by widewings View Post
    May I know how can I check if those 2 hoses are still alright? I dismantled those hoses and they seem alright. No sign of deterioration nor blockage.

I traveled almost 200km mostly flat road on a hot day with air-con on non stop. The engine temperature didn't even went up.

Temperature really just goes up going uphill on a speed less than 60kph.
    our eyes sometimes deceive us, try to press your lower hose specially that part close to the lower rad tank. if you feel its light or softer, replace it. during high rev, its probably collapsing causing insufficient water to run thru it going to the engine block, thus, causing "high rev overheat".

thats wat happened to my accord, i thought it was an eb/hg issue. i bought so many testers and tools abroad only to find out that its a simple hose issue which can be remedied even my a mere replacement one...

again, thanks boss miked for giving me that idea... I now enjoy using my accord just like before, be it in traffic, uphill or high rev condition..

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by widewings View Post
    May I know how can I check if those 2 hoses are still alright? I dismantled those hoses and they seem alright. No sign of deterioration nor blockage.

I traveled almost 200km mostly flat road on a hot day with air-con on non stop. The engine temperature didn't even went up.

Temperature really just goes up going uphill on a speed less than 60kph.
    upper hose can be hard as a rock...lower hose can be softer than your kitchen sponge....replace if these are the state of your hoses.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

Now, temperature just goes up to 90 degrees Celsius. Just added half a liter of ATF to make it between min and max. I think it could be either that the ATF fluid is to low or it is old enough that it losses its lubricating properties.

So before next summer I'll have the ATF change.

Again thanks a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine Temperature Going Up on Uphill