New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Masters,

Last year I bought a toy car for my wife, its a 2000 Kia Pride GTX AT. So far, all of the mechanicals are running smooth & well. My only problem is the radiator fan which activates only when the temperature is already very high (almost near the overheat mark). There's no problem if you turn On the AC as the radiator fan runs with the condenser fan. I already tried replacing the thermo switch with a replacement and original brand (tried 2 different sets), but to no avail. Radiator has been cleaned too, and i'm currently using distilled water with coolant. By the way, the thermostat valve was also intact and replaced with OEM last December.

Is there a lower temp rated thermo switch I can buy? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    was the radiator cleaned inside and out?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Masters,

Last year I bought a toy car for my wife, its a 2000 Kia Pride GTX AT. So far, all of the mechanicals are running smooth & well. My only problem is the radiator fan which activates only when the temperature is already very high (almost near the overheat mark). There's no problem if you turn On the AC as the radiator fan runs with the condenser fan. I already tried replacing the thermo switch with a replacement and original brand (tried 2 different sets), but to no avail. Radiator has been cleaned too, and i'm currently using distilled water with coolant. By the way, the thermostat valve was also intact and replaced with OEM last December.

Is there a lower temp rated thermo switch I can buy? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Baka puwede i-fix na lang radiator fan sa pag-andar nang makina para sabay na. Or direct mo na lang at i-bypass mo na thermo switch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Masters,

Thank you
    Baka puwede i-fix na lang radiator fan sa pag-andar nang makina para sabay na. Or direct mo na lang at i-bypass mo na thermo switch.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Pwede ka magdesign or magpadesign ng circuit na kapag umaandar ang alternator saka lang aandar ang radiator fan mo. Current sensor lang yan. Ampangit kasi nung design na nasa engine on ang switch ng radiator fan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Have you check its thermo sensor, for the temp gauge? Accurate or within specs pa kaya? When you activate your A/C, does your temp gauge reads normal range or not?

Sent from my Starmobile UP+ using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Thermo switch is for radiator fan.
    Thermo sensor is for temperatue gauge.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    Thermo switch is for radiator fan.
    Thermo sensor is for temperatue gauge.

Fan thermo switch-radiator fan

Coolant temperature sending unit-temperature gauge

Coolant temperature sensor-input to the pcm(may also be decision factor to turn radiator fan on)

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    i am not familiar with the fan set-up of your kia, but is it really controllled by thermoswitch (if it is, the fan should kick-in after reaching the pre-set temp value)? my guess is, it might be controlled by the ecu based on coolant temperature sensor. do you have 2 fan relays on the fuse block?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Possible faulty relay bro. Check mo din wiring from thermo switch going to fan

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Bro try mo i ground yung temp sender wire sa body and check kung hangang saan gauge mo. Dun mo makikita san kalahati ng gauge. Yung iba kasi nagloloko and sobra sobrang doble sa high ang reading

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast