New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Use seperate relay on each electrical device or motor.. ️Most probably yung Aircon blower or compressor mo sa relay din ng aux fan nakakabit kaya they share the same power.. It's just my opinion...
    i think you're probably right.
    TS, get an auto electrician to set up a separate relay for your aux fans, so that they do not have to share electrical wire with any other appliance. the relay connects to your thermo switch, and the fans connect to the relay.
    good luck.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Tumataas temp ko near red line kapag crawling yung trraffic. I observed the fans. Yung radiator fan ko mabagal kaysa sa fan ng aircon. Malaki difference ng speed. Ito kaya cause ng high temp during traffic. Nagtanong ako ng radiator motor fan. Motor lang 12k. Sobra mahal. PWEDE ba pa repair yung motor lang. Pwede ba i open yung motor?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ambo2004 View Post
    Tumataas temp ko near red line kapag crawling yung trraffic. I observed the fans. Yung radiator fan ko mabagal kaysa sa fan ng aircon. Malaki difference ng speed. Ito kaya cause ng high temp during traffic. Nagtanong ako ng radiator motor fan. Motor lang 12k. Sobra mahal. PWEDE ba pa repair yung motor lang. Pwede ba i open yung motor?
    Ang lupit naman ng presyo ng radiator fan mo. Wika mo 12k. Tinalo pa presyo ng brand new compressor ko na 8.5k. Ano po ba sasakyan nyo?

Starmobile Up+

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't know... but i have yet to see a fan motor that is fix-able. but what i know is, throw-away sila.
    mahal!!! what is your car... BMW?
    when my cedia's aux fan died, the shop was selling me oem for 8.5K. namahalan ako. so, i got a generic fan with housing for 900 bucks. we removed the motor from it, and modified the original cedia's fan housing to make the new motor fit. one year later, it was still working fine.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Yes, pede mo pa rewind if sunog winding or pa lathe if kayod na armature. Pacheck mo na rin baka brush lang sira. Pasabay mo na papalit bearing, dami nyan sa binondo... Yocks electrical sa cubao the best nyan pero medyo mahal..

Ung mga orig na 2speed fans mahal na talaga. Ala ka ba makita surplus sa banawe o apalit?

Wag ka bibili ng tig 700-900 na sanden aux fans. Fake yun, mababa CFM rating compared sa orig/OEM spec. Dali pa masira, swerte na 1 year tatagal. Sayang lang pera.

Pero if halagang 12k? Mag SPAL fan ka na lang, high performance na. Ang taas ng CFM compared sa stock.. stock is around 800CFM, spal is around 1300CFM. Upgraded ka na.. Maingay nga lang pag umandar parang may bagyo saka need mo ng new wiring/relay/fuse harness.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Maraming salamat Janemar.
    Pwede ko kaya baklasin tapos rekta ko sa battery para ma test kung mahina talaga ikot. baka kasi multispeed yung fan tapos limited power lang bigay ng system kaya mabagal. baka hindi motor ang may problem.
    Subaro forester ride ko. hirap hanap pyesa, mahal pa.
    Kung motor talaga paaayos ko na lang sa labas.
    Taga laguna ako, dadayo na lang ako sa cubao sa yocks.

Thank you sa fast reply/advise.

Ambo2004

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's not the motor, it could be a module that controls the fan speed. Try checking also with shops like Reys if they have a motor for your unit, if that is the case. Try checking also online and with part shops that cater to Subbies (Thunder Automotive?).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it would be helpful, if we knew what car's aircon we are talking about.

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Masters,

Last year I bought a toy car for my wife, its a 2000 Kia Pride GTX AT. So far, all of the mechanicals are running smooth & well. My only problem is the radiator fan which activates only when the temperature is already very high (almost near the overheat mark). There's no problem if you turn On the AC as the radiator fan runs with the condenser fan. I already tried replacing the thermo switch with a replacement and original brand (tried 2 different sets), but to no avail. Radiator has been cleaned too, and i'm currently using distilled water with coolant. By the way, the thermostat valve was also intact and replaced with OEM last December.

Is there a lower temp rated thermo switch I can buy? Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    The coolant temperature sensor is used to measure the temperature of the engine coolant of an internal combustion engine. The readings from this sensor are then fed back to the engine control unit (ECU), which uses this data to adjust the fuel injection and ignition timing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123